Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Need help with wedding invite.

823 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Machster69 
#1 Ā·
I'm getting married here soon and my budget is blown to shit. We love this invite but can't afford to pay the $800 they are asking to print it. I was wondering if someone can make this "tree bark trunk" effect in 300dpi 5 inches wide by 7 inches tall. I will need a psd file so I can add all our info.

Much appreciated

See less See more
#12 Ā·
No, if all I did was change it to 300dpi it would then yield a one inch by 2 inch picture, I used a very common process for enlarging the image with degrading the quality. The image I loaded to you is 6x8 at 300dpi, I just printed it twice... no blur on my side? I am at work today, so I dont have my computer... I will revisit it tomorrow when I can get access to my computer.

#16 Ā·
Wow!
Maybe I'm out of line here, but you want to save money on professional invites so you ask for some FREE help here on the forum.
Machester has done a fine job on these. I printed one on regular paper and one on cardstock and frankly, they both look great to me.

Not sure what you expect for free, but there IS a reason that professional invites cost a bit of money.
Honestly, what are folks going to do with the invites anyway?
They will end up in the trash with the exception of maybe a couple of family members.

Remember, you get what you pay for. In your case, you're getting a lot more than you pay for because this guy is GOOD!

#17 Ā·
Thanks John,
But I dont mind tweaking anything, but redrawing it entirely would take quite a bit of time(hence the reason for $800)... And honestly, my good mouse died (thanks to my 2 year old) so im on a walmart special right now ha! You dont want me drawing...guess if i woulda done that first it woulda been over with by now bahaha :D

That last upload was not technically redrawn... I just faked it

Also, i recommend a printing site like mpix... They print top notch stuff for pennies! No kidding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.