Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Leveling

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Daly 
#1 ·
Any one leveled a 14 or 15 crew cab Silverado? Im sure someone has. I am looking to see really what all it entails. My last truck was a Nissan Frontier and after I did the coil over spacers and I had to buy new camber bolts before aligment. If these are needed what kits does everyone say is good and If I need the camber bolts for alignment what brand should I buy

#2 ·
I did. I used a daystar knockoff kit, and some pro-comp rear blocks. Easy install. Only part that sucked was cutting the top strut mounts. Truck aligned well after it was done. I have since taken all that off and gone with a 6" kit though.

#3 ·
I've ordered a 2" levelling kit for my '14, all it is, is a spacer that goes in under the strut on the LCA. They are a very easy install, just remove wheel, loosen sway bar links (do not remove nut completely, leave it on a turn or two), then remove the lower strut bolts, pry open and insert the spacer, then bolt back up. Oh and do it with both side at full drup and relaxed or the sway bar with fight you. It's the same suspension design as the last generation of truck so it's the same process. Of coarse some levelling kits require an upper spacer, for that you'll need to go more in-depth and remove the strut, which in most cases requires loosening the upper balljoint on the spindle (again don't remove all the way, just need enough space to insert the spacers…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.