jQuery not supported.

2007 GMC Sierra Speakers Don't Work...Any Ideas?

2007 GMC Sierra Speakers Don't Work...Any Ideas?

Postby ZakBradshaw [OP] » Jun 13 2013, 3:07pm

I just bought my 2007 GMC Sierra a couple months ago. It's my first truck and I love it. I have one problem...I've always noticed the stereo isn't loud at all. I traded in my Mustang to buy the truck and it had the factory Shaker 500 stereo system, so I thought maybe I was just used to that. I started playing with the settings and if I change where the sound is supposed to be coming from, I found out I'm only getting sound from the front passenger speaker... I need to figure out why the other speakers aren't working. Any ideas of where to start? I'm thinking maybe they had a speaker box or something and disconnected the rears. It's weird, the front driver side speaker has kicked on a couple times, but only for a few minutes.
2007 Black GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4, 5.3L V8, 2.5" Front Coil Spacers, 2.5" Rear Blocks, 305/65/17 BF Goodrich All-Terrains on Stock 17" Wheels, AirAid Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Single In Dual Out Flowmaster Exhaust, QTP Electronic Cutout
Original Poster
ZakBradshaw
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Front speakers don't work   Need suggetions for storage for a 2007 Sierra Work Truck   GMC Sierra C1500 Grille Ideas   Don't know what to do next.... Need ideas!   2007.5 GMC Sierra   Make sure new door speakers don't blow.   2007 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 4x4   New shocks don't work?   DRL's don't work ?   Will normal lift kits work lifting a 2011 gmc sierra HYBRID?   Brake lights don't work   Trailer lights don't work   2007-2013 GMC Sierra Denali OEM Taillights Left and Right wi   Leveling kit and suspension lift on 2007 GMC Sierra Classic 
Mobile Electronics Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: 2007 GMC Sierra Speakers Don't Work...Any Ideas?

Postby robfriedenberger » Jun 13 2013, 3:43pm

id start with the driver side speaker, pull the panel oem speakers tend to blow out easy, if all is fine with the speaker id just check behind your head unit. The door panels can be pulled in less than 5 minutes and the head unit is just as easy. Take your time. If you still cant get any thing figured out some times the speaker wire between the door and the cab shorts out due to the movement of the door you can replace it was regular speaker wire if that's the case, or you can go to bestbuy or any car auto place and they sell loomed wire for cars.
robfriedenberger
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 30
Blogs: 1
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L LS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ZakBradshaw [OP] » Jun 13 2013, 4:05pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the wiring somewhere has to be disconnected or something. I replaced all the speakers in my 85 Corvette in high school, I may just replace the speakers with aftermarket ones. What are the door speakers just standard 4" round?
2007 Black GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4x4, 5.3L V8, 2.5" Front Coil Spacers, 2.5" Rear Blocks, 305/65/17 BF Goodrich All-Terrains on Stock 17" Wheels, AirAid Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Single In Dual Out Flowmaster Exhaust, QTP Electronic Cutout
Original Poster
ZakBradshaw
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby robfriedenberger » Jun 13 2013, 4:12pm

I'm not sure on that one I know mine are 6.5" round in the front, and the rears are 6x9". I wouldn't pull the trigger on that one quite yet, unless you like spening 150+ for speakers that you might not need! BTW I really like polk audio speakers. I don't know any resurces on the internet that you can find sizes but I know bestbuy if you ask an auto tech they can look up your year and model
robfriedenberger
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ZakBradshaw [OP] » Jun 13 2013, 4:22pm

Wow, that's alot bigger than I thought they would be. My Dad and I have always used Pioneer. I'll have to look into Polk. When I get off tonight I'll fool around with it and see if I can figure out what's up. What kind of fuse setup do the speakers have? Is it one fuse for the whole system or is it split up?
Original Poster
ZakBradshaw
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RS2289 » Jun 13 2013, 4:43pm

Same thing happened in my 07 classic when I bought it in December. Found out that the wiring was getting wet. GM's have "flow" though designed that water comes though it and out drains in the bottom. I solved it by heat shrinking everything to keep it dry when I put in my aftermarket speakers. Every time it rained the rears would go out. It was annoying as heck.
Rob

Z-71
Badlands 12k Winch, Alpine navi system; Spectre CAI; Flowmaster 40 with stock pipes; COBRA 19 Compact CB with Firestick 3' whip (For the Zombie Apocalypse)
RS2289
Extra Info: Classic SLE 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby robfriedenberger » Jun 16 2013, 3:49am

Every thing as far as audio in my truck is aftermarket, Harmon Kardon speakers, 10" kicker sub, 4ch polk amp, 2 channel polk sub amp, and pionner head unit so i don't quite know what the fuse setup is by OE but if its any thing like an s-10 there is only one fuse for the head unit.
robfriedenberger
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby gibson94 » Jun 23 2013, 12:25am

my front driver's side speaker in my 2006 silverado would kick on for a few minutes until it finally just gave up completely.replaced the front speakers with polk dxi 650's and now all is well.they sound ok ,but looking to get an amp.
gibson94
Topics: 3
Year: 2006
Extra Info: 4.3l 2wd 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Mobile Electronics