jQuery not supported.

[Product Review] 99-06 Ext Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Subwoofer Box

Dual 12 inch downfiring prefabricated sub box by SubThump.com

[Product Review] 99-06 Ext Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Subwoofer Box

Postby SilveradoSierra.com [OP] » Aug 30 2010, 12:22am

99-06 GM Extended Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Dual 10/12 Downfire Box
Model number: CTB99-210/212MAXX

Overview
A comprehensive review of 99-06 GM Extended Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Dual 12 Inch Downfire Prefabricated Subwoofer Box. As there is a high demand for quality subwoofer enclosures for 99-06 GM extended cab pickups in our community, this is a great opportunity to provide more exposure to this product.

Product Description
Introducing the deepest subwoofer box commercially available for your 99-06 and 07 classic GM extended cab pickups. The Ultra Deep Maxx box is not only deeper than SubThump's "Ultra Deep" box, but has more volume and more clearance for your high powered subs. Think of this box as their famous Ultra Deep box on steroids. Now you can easily fit subs like JL 12w6 and Alpine type Rs in a box under the seat. Since it's a downfire box, it stays completely under the seat and doesn't stick out and interfere with your rear passenger's leg room and the subs are hidden from view. The best part is that it does not require a seat lift. The seat will still close normally down to the stops and lock into place as usual. If you are serious about getting some major slam into your truck, then pick one of these bad boys up today.

Fits: 1999-2006 and 2007 Classic GM Extended Cab Trucks
Approx. Empty Weight: 39 lbs
Mounting Depth: 8" (not a misprint)
Volume: 1.13 cu.ft per chamber
Finish: Carpet
Terminals: Installed
Logo Text: Optional
Does not affect rear seat latching - Seat will still go all the way down and latch
3/4" MDF Construction
Installs under the rear seat
No modifications required
Fits 10" and 12" round or square subs
Sealed Box, separated chambers
Subwoofers Sold Separately
Deep enough to fit many of todays deeper, beefier woofers, including: 12" Alpine Type R, 12" JL Audio W6, 12" Kicker CVX, And Many More

Available Options
Speaker Openings:
  • Dual 10 inch Round
  • Dual 10 inch Square
  • Dual 12 inch Round
  • Dual 12 inch Square
Carpet Color:
  • Charcoal Gray
  • Light Gray
  • Black
  • Light Tan
Logo Selection:
  • SILVERADO
    ultra212dsm.jpg
  • SIERRA
    sierra1sm.jpg

About SubThump.com
SubThump builds of their boxes are by hand proudly in the USA. They use the highest grade materials and latest manufacturing techniques to ensure that your box will stand the test of time and perform at its peak. Remember when shopping for your next system that the box is an investment just like a sub or amp and there are many factors to consider other than price alone. Many of their competitor’s boxes are imported or mass-produced to low standards in order to have the lowest price possible. So it is very important to go with a company that delivers a quality product and will be there to support you after the sale. No other sub box manufacturer can match our quality, or service, or our expertise. SubThump.com is all about helping you get the right components for your sound system. Remember, don’t settle for anything less than a SubThump box.

Our Analysis
The Ultra Deep MAXX box from SubThump.com is designed and engineered to give you maximum slam without consuming precious space in your truck. The box is well planned for an accurate fit under the rear bench seat. It may take some nudging into place to get the box to sit just right to allow the bench seat to fold down and lock into place; but as advertised, the seat does go all the way down. The bass emitted from this box is deep and hard-hitting. The individually sealed chambers produce a tight punchy bass that can flex the roof of your silverado. Overall, the construction is top notch and the design has been perfected to become one of the best extended cab subwoofer box choices we've come across.

1. Utilizes the maximum cubic space available with minimal loss of cabin space
  2. Does not require a seat lift
  3. Deep enough for almost any 12" sub
  1. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Conclusion
By far the best subwoofer enclosure you can put in an extended cab Silverado/Sierra truck.

Photos
View all 100+ photos in the Gallery

Video

Where can I buy one?
Interested in picking one up for yourself? Head over to http://www.SubThump.com to see their selection of subwoofer enclosures for silverado/sierra trucks. Make sure to tell them SilveradoSierra.com sent ya! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Original Poster
SilveradoSierra.com
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 31
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: [Product Review] 99-06 Ext Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Subwoofer

Postby 200chevy5.3 » Aug 05 2011, 5:33pm

i have 2 12' pioneers, 800W rms each in my 2000 silverado and they are pretty loud. couldnt be happier with my purchase of this box.
2000 Z71 with the 5.3, 16' Helo Maxx rims with 285 Cooper STTs, windows tinted to match stock, 2 12' pioneers, 1600W RE audio amp, UltraDeepMaxx box from Subthump, Recon tailights, aftermarket headlights and turn signals, debadged, K&N CAI
200chevy5.3
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 Z71 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 6.2Silverado » Sep 08 2011, 5:14pm

Are they going to build one of these for a nnbs ext cab 07-11??
6.2Silverado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 6.2L V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby ricka182 » Sep 08 2011, 5:24pm

6.2, I think they already do. I see a box for '07 and up new body style. You say nnbs though, not sure what the extra n means..

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... e-Box.html

Edit: Ok, so nnbs just means '07 and up, new body style... Yeah, I think that box would fit, but to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to call them and check.

Edit 2: Not that it helps with your exact question, but I just called a friend who has a concealed box under the seat. I asked which it was, and he said it was indeed a SubThump box, however it is just a single sub box. He has a 2010 Ext Cab 1500, and it fits perfectly.
Last edited by ricka182 on Sep 08 2011, 5:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Silverado 1500 Z71
Corsa dB Catback, Dual Rear w/ 4" Tips
4" Blocked and Leveled w/BFG 285/70/17
55w 5K HID
99% Blacked Out
ricka182
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 103
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby 6.2Silverado » Sep 08 2011, 5:36pm

ricka182 wrote:6.2, I think they already do. I see a box for '07 and up new body style. You say nnbs though, not sure what the extra n means..

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-B ... e-Box.html

^^That is only a shallow mount sub box, it only allows you to mount shallow 12"s. The product review was on the new Extended Cab "Ultra Deep MAXX" which right now on the website they only have them for 99-06 ext cab, which allows for deep mounted 12"s such as Alpine Type R, 12" JL Audio W6, 12" Kicker CVX. So i was just wondering if they were going to design one of these "Ultra Deep Maxx box" for 07-11 ext cab.
6.2Silverado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby ricka182 » Sep 08 2011, 5:37pm

Doh! I didn't see the shallow mount vs ultra deep part.. Doh! again...
2006 Silverado 1500 Z71
Corsa dB Catback, Dual Rear w/ 4" Tips
4" Blocked and Leveled w/BFG 285/70/17
55w 5K HID
99% Blacked Out
ricka182
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 103
Year: 2006
Extra Info: Z71 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby 6.2Silverado » Sep 08 2011, 5:59pm

Haha its all good man
6.2Silverado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby motosport_21 » Oct 03 2011, 5:22pm

I bought one of these and immediately sold it because the lack of deep bass. Yeah, you can get a thump but not a boom. So I decided to put for the time to custom design my very own under seat bandpass box that will fit 99-06 chevy ext. Cab trucks. Why buy when you can build. It cost me under $30. Check out my thread:
Built a bandpass subwoofer box under the rear seat
2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Tinted 20% All the way
Fabtech 6" Suspension Lift
20" Ultra Motorsports Wheels
Open Country Toyo M/T 35-12.50-20
motosport_21
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 2
Year: 2004
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MrMega » Oct 22 2011, 11:06pm

Not sure why yours didn't have the deep bass unless you were after something that you could hear a block away... I have the same box (w/o the logo on front) in my `99 Silverado with 2 Phoenix Golds run by a 600 Watt OLD school TARGA amp (redone w/new audio outputs and even put in an extra internal fan for added cooling) bridged and dropped to 2ohms, driven by a x-over. It isn't a bass machine like ported 15's with 3 sq' of space each in a car trunk, but will still bounce stuff right off the console up front and move your hair in the front seat.

I looked up when I bought mine (Apr-23-08), installed it within a month of purchase, and still happy with it.
MrMega
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 7
Year: 1999
Extra Info: Ext Cab 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Re: [Product Review] 99-06 Ext Cab Ultra Deep MAXX Subwo

Postby country1911 » Oct 23 2011, 12:40am

Spammer...
country1911
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 41
Year: 2007
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: LTZ 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Mobile Electronics