jQuery not supported.

Adding sirius to 2011 silverado with no antenna

Adding sirius to 2011 silverado with no antenna

Postby Ciesfire [OP] » Mar 12 2012, 3:45am

I have a 2011 silverado 1500 LT that does not have a factory antenna installed, however i was told from other forums that as long as your radio has a cat button it can handle sat radio. i have a sirius connect scc1 from a ford truck that still has the service on it and was wondering what i need to install that to the factory head unit. is there a module that goes between the two or just a harness? searched the web for days before deciding to post this, thanks is advance.
Original Poster
Ciesfire
Topics: 2
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LT CrewCab
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Adding sirius to the Silverado   Adding Cruise to 02 Silverado   Adding an Aux inport to a stock silverado radio   sirius radio   adding skid plates to 2013 Silverado 1500 crew   4.8l 2011 ls silverado   2011 Silverado FS   33's On a 2011 Silverado   2011 Silverado with 2/5 drop   tcarr25 2011 Silverado.   2011 silverado 5.3 upgrades   2011 Silverado 1500   2011 Silverado Wiper HELP   2011 silverado question 
Mobile Electronics Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Adding sirius to 2011 silverado with no antenna

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Mar 13 2012, 1:41am

I think it is going to be tough to find an adapter of some sort to go from a Ford or aftermarket stereo to a Chevy, stock HU. Also, you have to have antenna of some sort on the outside of the vehicle or at least on the dash.
Onlyina_Chevy
Global Moderator (borderline Redneck variety)

Onlyina_Chevy: you've joined back into the Android ranks?
starspangled6.0: can't wait to dump the iphone
starspangled6.0: i was wrong
starspangled6.0: you were right
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 135
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 LT2
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Servicemen

Return to Mobile Electronics