Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Bluetooth OBD2 Reader

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  djlove 
#1 ·
So being in IT i'm apart of another community full of people that work in IT. We also have a "Car Enthusiast" thread on this site where the OP created some type of mount to record his speedometer. I had mentioned wanting one of these so i could record various acceleration video's as i make modifications to my truck.

Someone mention something about a Bluetooth OBD2 Reader where it connects to an app on your phone and will basically log this information.

Here is his exact reply:

"If your vehicle is new enough to have an ECU and the proper sensors I've used a Bluetooth OBDII reader and the Torque Pro app to log 0-60mph times for the same purpose. $30 or so is all that cost me."

Someone else mention anything after an 1996 should have this. Does anybody know anything about these or a setup like it that would work with our trucks?

#2 ·
I have one. I bought the adapter on amazon for like $10 and the torque pro app for $5(I think). It works great on my 2001.

It should work on any obd2 vehicle. But the adapter may not read every vehicle so just read the reviews to see if there are complaints of it not working on yours.

But most of the issues come with import cars and not our trucks.

#4 ·
Search for Elm327 on eBay or Amazon or whatever site you like. I have the larger version compared to the one NorthDakota posted they all are probably the same more or less. Worked great on my 2000 Silverado and now my 2013. Can't recommend them and torque pro enough....the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.