jQuery not supported.

BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

Postby greg111110 [OP] » Jul 27 2012, 10:59am

Hi Guys,
I have a 2012 6.6 ltz with a sat nav system. My problem is due to me not being in the US we dont have xm here so I am using the (or trying to) trucks inbuilt bluetooth system. When I first paired my iphone4 it successfully paired and I was making calls and receiving them through the system with mo problems. Since a couple of days ago I still receive the calls through the bluetooth system due to the volume on the radio reducxing and the phones ringer sounding through the speakers. As soon as I answer the phone either by the button on the steering wheel of the answer button on the phone, the sound goes immediately to the phone and the radio turns back up to where it was before. No matter how I answer the phone or make calls, the same thing happens. If I ring out, I can say "call" to the system and it asks for the name or number and I canb say the number and it will call it but as soon as it calls the number, the volume on the radio comes back on and the call is now going through my phone. Bearingin mind the system has been working for a few weeks, (since I got the vehicle) and nothing has changed yet now i cant seem to get it working through the car stereo speakers.. Any suggestions?Could this be a ohone setting thats changesd? not that ive changed anything. I cant figure it. Hope someone can help
Thanks
Original Poster
greg111110
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

Postby FuzzyB » Jul 27 2012, 12:17pm

I just went through this. Did you get a letter from GM telling you that you have a 30 free trial with on star because Bluetooth software in some vehicles is bad?

If you contact on star via the blue button in your truck, they will update your trucks software. This is a known issue...mine is now resolved since I did this.
FuzzyB
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 12
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: All Terrain 4x4 crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Chevyfamman » Jul 27 2012, 1:47pm

+1 I have had the same problem in my other ride. We eventually got it fixed by how FuzzyB stated.
Chevyfamman

"Disneyland,White House,JFKandMickey Mouse,John Wayne,Springsteen,Eastwood,James Dean,Coca Cola,Pepsi, Playboy,Text me,NFL,NBA,Brett Favre,King James"
Chevyfamman
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 4
Extra Info: 1500 Ext Cab 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

Postby Machster69 » Jul 27 2012, 2:33pm

The guys above seem to have direct experience with this. Just out of curiosity, if on the phone, when in a call... If you click on audio source, then put it onto the gm settings instead of handset, will it then switch over?
Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 105
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 5.3 SLE 2wd
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby Chevyfamman » Jul 27 2012, 2:50pm

Never tried that but I have also used the AUX input which worked okay the wife said she could barely hear me but never tried using the GM setting unless your talking about the actual Bluetooth setting via your phone stating GM under your devices which could read that or YOUR VEHICLE. We could however be on different ends of the topic.
Chevyfamman

"Disneyland,White House,JFKandMickey Mouse,John Wayne,Springsteen,Eastwood,James Dean,Coca Cola,Pepsi, Playboy,Text me,NFL,NBA,Brett Favre,King James"
Chevyfamman
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Machster69 » Jul 27 2012, 10:05pm

So I thought you jinxed me, I just received a call in my truck ad answered with my phone...it immediately went silent in the truck and I could only hear the person on the phone! I was like omg that guy is contagious... so I got home and started playing with it. I realized if you use the phone to answer it only uses the phone for sound(you can goto audio source and change) and when I used the steering wheel to answer it would then use the bt system... I know you tried this, but I just figured this out... let us know if you are able to switch ausio sources once a call is made... or recieved...

If using aux it doesnt use the bt system at all... that explains why she couldnt hear you!ImageImage
Machster69
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby greg111110 [OP] » Jul 28 2012, 6:41am

Thanks guys for your responses... However referring to fuzzy b's answer, unfortunately i live in Australia and we dont have an onstar service here. I have tried to contact them and am still waiting a response. In the meantime, when my phone rings i look at my iphone and the function key "audo source" doesnt come up? it used to with my protable hands free device in my other truck. Could this possibly be a phone setting not working? When i paired my phone initially it all worked well so I know its paired also due to i can select "my vehicle" on the iphone menu when i turn the bluetooth on or off.
Original Poster
greg111110
Topics: 5
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby JCunningham » Jul 28 2012, 7:00am

I think you need to take it to the dealer for the update.
2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
JCunningham
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 101
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2000
Extra Info: 1500 4X4 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Chevyfamman » Jul 28 2012, 7:18am

Machster69 wrote:So I thought you jinxed me, I just received a call in my truck ad answered with my phone...it immediately went silent in the truck and I could only hear the person on the phone! I was like omg that guy is contagious... so I got home and started playing with it. I realized if you use the phone to answer it only uses the phone for sound(you can goto audio source and change) and when I used the steering wheel to answer it would then use the bt system... I know you tried this, but I just figured this out... let us know if you are able to switch ausio sources once a call is made... or recieved...

If using aux it doesnt use the bt system at all... that explains why she couldnt hear you!ImageImage

Okay I get what you where saying on mine it says "YOUR VEHICLE". Also as you stated answering it with your phone does not work unless you MANUALLY change it after you answer sort of like speaker phone ;) If you use your awesome little steering wheel button then you should be good to go. If that doesnt work then you may need an update, which happens often due to new phones coming out. If your phone is not pairing to the truck then you need this update however some phones DONOT make it on the automatic update list. You may have to research it online to see if your phone did or didnot make that list. If it did not hit up GM and they should be able to track down the update for your or if there is no update for your phone then your kind of SOL until an update is made. HOPE this helps everyone.
Chevyfamman

Chevyfamman
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

Postby Machster69 » Jul 28 2012, 12:10pm

Yeh, i was saying mine works right.... I got a 2010 (no updates)so the firmware in that year is fine for iphone 4s...
Machster69
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users