Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

CB Radio

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Angry Hermit 
#1 ·
Who has a CB in their truck? Whats your set up like? What do you use it for? Do you have any issues?

#4 ·
Galaxy dx55v with a Wilson 1000 .. In my hunt club we use dogs to hunt deer so we use cb's. can talk to ppl 15 miles away with my 350 watt booster takes it to 20 to 25 miles away I love my set up but it's in my 93 Chevy I am about to put a galaxy dx55hp ( more power and blue LEDs ) in my gmc .. Making a custom roof mount for it and going to use a Wilson 5000

#5 ·

Galaxy DX959 and 4' firestik antenna. mount is made from moddified bed cap clamps, antenna is grounded with the grounding strap inside the stake pocket. Works great, no interferance at all. (no HIDs).

Use the radio to keep in contact with friend on the way to the lake. etc.

#7 ·
I have a Cobra 29 LTD with bluetooth that I have used for several years but, I bought my Silverado with the full console and really didn't know where I was going to mount it. I really wanted a custom look, so I bought a Cobra 75 WX ST mic/radio.
I mounted the remote connector box under the dash.
An add-a-curcuit for a power connect and grounded it on the silver bolt.
I Screwed the mic hook next to the passenger airbag switch.
The bed rail holes were full so I opted for an under the hood mount and fished the cable through the electrical harness boot.
And, my choice of antenna was a matching Wilson Trucker, which fits in the storage box under the rear seat when not in use.

#8 ·
Iv got a cobra 19 DX IV, ya know the cheap one from Wally world. I Had an older antenna that I rigged up in the bed so that it used one of the post holes and a piece of wood so i didnt drill into the bed but the top half of the antenna the screw rusted it because this antenna was from the 70's or 80's... so im planning on buying a firestik with a hood mount. when it worked i never had any problems with mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.