Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

NNBS Double Din Install Question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Welcher774 
#1 ·
I am in the process of installing my Kenwood DNX570HD in my 09 Silverado. I am using the Maestro RR and GMS05 T harness from iDataLink. It seems as if the radio will not go all the way in due to the plugs on the back interfering with the piece of the dash in the picture. Am I missing something or does it have to be trimmed to allow clearance for all the plugs? If so, what did you use to trim it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
To make more room for the wiring, 3 sets of RCA cables, PAC adapter and steering wheel interface in my truck I used a Dremel to cut out a lot of the plastic in the back of the factory HU's cubbyhole. I made sure I didn't cut out the section with the hole where the pin in the back of the factory HU plugs in to support the back of the radio. This made stuffing all that wiring behind my new HU much easier. I've since replaced my Pioneer HU with an Advent OGM-1 which is a little easier to install since there is no need for the adapters. The Dremel'd out plastic in the cubbyhole still made installation easier than it would have been otherwise.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
image.jpg
image.jpg
I put an alpine dbl din in mine last week. No cutting needed. See where your wires come through from the back? Put your hand back there it's like a hidden pocket, just stuff the converter box back thereby the Ac vents, move it up down or sideways whatever you need to fit it, but you do not need to cut anything.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.