Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Ordered Me Some Bass For My Truck

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  ctchap70 
#1 ·
Tired of no good bass in my 2009 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab. I just ordered, all off of eBay.
1 - Audio Control LC2i Line out converter = $69.99
1 - 2007-2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Duel 10" Subwoofer Box ( 6" Mounting depth ) = $89.95
1 - Rockford Fosgate P500X2 500 Watt RMS 2-Channel Amp = $179.98
2 - Rockford Fosgate P2D4-10 10" Duel 4 Ohm VC Subwoofers = $82.50 X 2 = $165.00

Total = $504.92
I already have a power wire and all cables from my old truck I sold so I didn't have that exspense.

I hope it sounds as good as the 2 Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12's and 400 watt Amp I installed in my wifes truck a while back.

What do ya'll think. I leave out anything? Thanks, Charlton

#2 ·
Got all my stuff in that I ordered. Mounted the subs in the box:

Had to remove these off the subs for clearance:

Heres my amp:

Tapped into my rear speaker wires under the console, just as I learned on here :D, soldered all the connections, rubber taped and electrical taped:

Plenty of room to stash the LC2i in here:

Was gonna put amp here but the rear seat wouldn't come down :(

#3 ·
Ended up mounting it here on front of box. It will stay cooler here anyway :D :

Heres some more random pictures:

This is how I wired my subs. I'm running the amp bridged @ 4 ohms.

I think I got this off google:

These subs and amp really rock and sound awesome! So glad I took the time to do this and thanks for all the people who have contributed on here with their imformative threads that I studied before even getting started. I hope this helps someone out. If anyone has a question, I'll try my best to answer it. Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

#5 ·
kashmir said:
shoo-whee!
When I saw you post I was thinking........

I don't get it.... If you posted a picture, do it again because I can't see it but when I click quote, to quote you, I see a link that I don't see on your post.

#8 ·
Just got 3 words for you... heat shrink tubing.

#10 ·
I like it, I have similar set up, 1 12 inch Rockford Fosgate with a 600 Watt amp. If you are running 2 12 inch subs with only a 400 watt amp you probably aren't getting as much thump as you could if you had with a bigger amp. I would have gone with a bigger Watt amp but I don't know how hard you want it to hit.

#11 ·
lilmagoo1 said:
Man its bugging me i am trying to get soem BAss up in the truck man. how hard was the install, im not great with it.
It wasn't hard at all. Hardest part to me was figuring out which wires to tap.

#13 ·
There's an alteration you can do to your rear seats to let the backs fold down. Take a sharpie and reach behind the seats till you feel the upper bracket and make a mark. Unbolt the seats and take a Sawzall (Jigsaw, Hacksaw, ect) and cut at the mark then reinstall seat bolts. Now when you raise the lower seat, pull forward and the seatback will come forward. You can check my photo album for pics after alterations.

#14 ·
B Cubed said:
Just got 3 words for you... heat shrink tubing.
If I wanted to cut my wire, then I may have used heat shrink tubing. I just wanted to tap into them. Thanks for the advice though. The rubber tape I used is not your regular electric tape. You pull it and it stretches, wrap it around the wire splice while stretching it and when you get finished, it about like heatshrink. Plus you can remove it like tape if needed.

#15 ·
kylew56 said:
I like it, I have similar set up, 1 12 inch Rockford Fosgate with a 600 Watt amp. If you are running 2 12 inch subs with only a 400 watt amp you probably aren't getting as much thump as you could if you had with a bigger amp. I would have gone with a bigger Watt amp but I don't know how hard you want it to hit.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! But I think you need to re-read first post. The two twelves and 400 watt amp are in my wifes truck. They are duel 2 ohm VC subs and the 400 watts hits them pretty hard. What I just put in my truck is 2-10" Fosgate P2D4 subs with a rms of 300 each. The amp is a 500 watt rms @ 4 ohm bridged. Which gives me 250 watts rms to each sub. I don't want to blow them so I left a 50 watt safety factor.

#16 ·
Hook-UM said:
There's an alteration you can do to your rear seats to let the backs fold down. Take a sharpie and reach behind the seats till you feel the upper bracket and make a mark. Unbolt the seats and take a Sawzall (Jigsaw, Hacksaw, ect) and cut at the mark then reinstall seat bolts. Now when you raise the lower seat, pull forward and the seatback will come forward. You can check my photo album for pics after alterations.
Thanks Hook-UM! I think I am gonna leave it the way I have it now. I kinda like the amp getting more air. But I am gonna check out your pictures just to satisfy my curiosity! Thanks for the tip! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Hook-UM I went and looked at your pictures but didn't see the mod you are talking about. I did see a fine ass red truck though! Very nice!

#18 ·
Hook-UM said:
Yours also, look on the second page of my photo album. Love your tire/rim combo. The Duratracs fill the wheelwell nicely.
Thanks! Haha one of the first things I noticed in your pictures was the Duratracs! I went with 285/60/20 Duratracs and had to do the NorCal Small mod but its all good now can't even tell I did anything.

#19 ·
Yeah I would mount the amp on the back wall. Seems like that would be very tempting for a thief. Mine is mounted there and gets pushed hard with no heat issues. Theres a solid ~5-6" of space behind the seats. Instead of cutting the brackets to the seats I just unbolted and pulled off the seats. A little more work to remove the seats and if you are going to change the settings on the amp frequently I would cut the brackets like Hook-um suggested.

#20 ·
dmandTX said:
Yeah I would mount the amp on the back wall. Seems like that would be very tempting for a thief. Mine is mounted there and gets pushed hard with no heat issues. Theres a solid ~5-6" of space behind the seats. Instead of cutting the brackets to the seats I just unbolted and pulled off the seats. A little more work to remove the seats and if you are going to change the settings on the amp frequently I would cut the brackets like Hook-um suggested.
Thanks dmandTX! Yeah I almost pulled my back seat out but decided not to. I may do it at a later date. If I do, I will hook up the remote dial knob for the amp so I don't have to get back there again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.