jQuery not supported.

Radio Locked Out in 2011 Silverado WT

Radio Locked Out in 2011 Silverado WT

Postby Jake [OP] » Sep 06 2011, 9:28pm

I took my factory radio out to hook up rca converter for an amp im putting in my truck and when i put the my factory radio back in it gets power but the screen is blank. It acts like it's locked out but you can't even get a display on it to unlock it. Any one have this issue?
Original Poster
Jake
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: WT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  App Radio (SPH-DA02) Will it fit in my 2011 Silverado 1500   2011 Radio Controls   4 wd high locked ??   Locked my keys in my truck   Locked Up My Engine - Options?   Transmission locked, won't go forward or reverse   hydro locked my motor pics inside..   (97 silverado radio clock   Aftermarket radio 2004 silverado   new radio install in 93 chevy silverado   1988 Silverado radio question   Radio upgrade on a new 2014 Silverado   WTB 08 Chevy Silverado Radio   Aftermarket radio options(09 silverado / no Bose) 
Mobile Electronics Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Radio Locked Out in 2011 Silverado WT

Postby mramirez23 » Sep 07 2011, 1:24am

try unplugging the rca converter and plug it back, if ity works, its your converter. If it does not, try changing the radio fuse. Hopefully you didn't fry something internally.
mramirez23
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 21
Blogs: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: LT 5.3 V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Radio Locked Out in 2011 Silverado WT

Postby SDHQ GOODGUY » Sep 07 2011, 4:20pm

I don't know all of the specifics, but I was told by the owner of the stereo shop next to us, to be very careful doing anything with the stock deck. it's tied into the LAN of the trucks electrical system.
did you unplug the battery before doing anything? maybe it has to reflashed by the dealer. just an idea.
2WD PRERUNNER BUILD STAY TUNED
JASON@SDHQOFFROAD.COM
SDHQ GOODGUY
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2007
Group Membership:
Registered users