Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Replace Bose with Infinity Reference Speakers?

7K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Soules75 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an 04 Silverado crew cab with the bose system and the driver side door speaker is starting to go bad. Instead of paying for an overpriced replacement bose speaker, I'd like to upgrade both front door speakers to something aftermarket. I am looking at purchasing some Infinity Reference speakers because they are 2ohm and will match up with the stock Bose amp. I already know that replacing the bose amp is ideal, but I can't afford that now or in the near future. I know everyone will just say to wait until I can afford to buy a new amp and 4 ohm speakers, but keep in mind that I am not really looking for an audio upgrade, more so to replace my bad speaker and figured the Infinity References would probably sound a bit more clear and crisp than the stock bose speakers and cost less, even if I run them on the bose amp.

My questions are:

1. How easy is it to swap them out for someone with no experience? Any good guides out there? Will I need any adapters or anything?
2. Will it mess up the chimes and all that?
3. Will I hear any improvement in sound quality going from stock Bose to Infinity Reference on bose amp?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
What series Infinity Reference speaker are you going to use? If you are refering to the Infinity Reference 6032si, then it will add a little to overall sound of the truck. These speakers are pretty easy to swap out. For how to remove the door panel I would sugest looking at 1A Auto Parts youtube video found at . This video provides easy to follow directions on how to remove the door panel. I would sugesd getting a set of speaker wire adaptors for your model of truck so that you do not have to splice into the factory wires. Replacing the speaker will not affect the chime since the chime is actualy controlled by the radio and only played through the drivers front speaker. As for sound quality it should improve the sound quality a little bit.

#3 ·
I was specifically looking at these: http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Referenc ... B002BZFSYA

I believe these are the same speaker as the ones you mentioned but with a deeper mounting depth. So yes, one of those two speakers would be my choice. I'm not worried about removing the door panel, although I appreciate the video and will refer to that to make things go smoothly. I am more worried about messing with wires, but if there is some kind of speaker wire adapter that would make it simple, that'd be good. Do you have a link to such an adapter? Honestly, if I install the new speakers and it sounds identical to the Bose i wouldn't be that disappointed, since first and foremost I just want to replace my bad speaker. Any improvement in sound quality is just a plus.

#4 ·
If i remember correctly the speaker wire adaptor can be had from metra using part number 72-4568. This part shoud not cost anymore than $10 at max.

#6 ·
That is the part that i was refering to, might i suggest checking ebay or sonic electronix. I know that sonic has them for $9.99 and I have seen them on ebay from time to time for around $5.

#7 ·
Okay, excellent. Thanks for taking the time to help a brother out. I really appreciate that and I also thank you for not saying "Dood, forget about da stock bose amp, itz garbage...upgrade to an aftermarketz amp!"

You clearly read my entire post and understood what I was looking to accomplish.

#9 ·
Also, will these speakers fit without any modifications? I am hoping they just use the same mounting brackets or whatever as the stock bose speakers. Lastly, is it normal for tweeters to crackle when it's really cold? It's been less than 5 degrees outside lately and the tweeters are both crackling pretty bad at times but seem to get better once the truck warms up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.