jQuery not supported.

2017 Regular Cab Z71

Forum rules
Please do not post support requests in the new members area! This forum is for new member introductions and welcome messages only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.

Re: 2017 Regular Cab Z71

Postby ferraiolo1 » Apr 20 2017, 10:40pm

Go through my topics. My roommates 2016 has the stamped steel UCAs. And they have been holding up pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71
Truck summary page 48
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby whitesilveradoz71 [OP] » Apr 20 2017, 10:43pm

Will do, the UCA are getting replaced no doubt I am more concerned about my LCA, but I might just run it till they break and then upgrade.
Original Poster
whitesilveradoz71
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Year: 2017
Extra Info: RC Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Apr 20 2017, 10:54pm

Yeah sorry. He had stamped UCA/lca. The lcas are still on the truck. I'm
Sure you could throw some aluminum ones on. I think the ball joint hole in the knuckle is the same for them. But yeah until you start flirting with midtravel kits there aren't really any options for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carven Exhaust, Diablo, Airraid MIT, Anthem wheels, Fox 2.5in coil overs/cognito UCAs, Zone 1.5in BL.
SOLD: 2008 Silverado 1500 Z71
Truck summary page 48
ferraiolo1
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Instagram: 2015rcsb
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby whitesilveradoz71 [OP] » Apr 20 2017, 10:57pm

Yeah that wont come until late summer probably, so plenty of time to research and come up with a plan, the only ones ive found add like 2.5 inches of width to each side, love that look but its already pretty wide haha have trouble parking in my apartment with the mirrors sticking out both lines.
Original Poster
whitesilveradoz71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cintocrunch » Apr 21 2017, 12:15pm

Not a lot of ways I'd want a white truck but that's one of them. Nice looking truck, have fun with it.

Side question: V8 and a bed are really the only reason you got rid of the JKU? If you had the 3.6 w/ 3.73's I know you aren't getting better power with the 5.3/3.08's... My mom and sister both have JKU's and the more I drive them the more I wonder if I really need a big truck or could get by with a little landscaping trailer on a JKU w/e a 6 speed manual...
cintocrunch
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 1500 EC LS 4x4 4.8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby whitesilveradoz71 [OP] » Apr 22 2017, 9:34pm

Thanks!

Yeah white trucks remind me of work trucks too much but this one was a little different and I thought it looked good.

Yeah it was a little more than that, I had the V6 with 3.21s and 33s 2.5 in lift. It was not super bad but when traveling it would constantly be shifting gears when cruising if there was a slight change in grade or wind. It was annoying and the V8 is a lot quicker my brother has a 2016 Yukon with the 5.3 and that was way quicker than the jeep. This truck should be even quicker since it shaved off a lot of pounds and I should be able to pull a lot more if needed.

I never towed with the jeep but it has spring all around they are not ideal but if its not to many pounds you should be fine. I dont particularly hate the jeep and I dont regret it but it is different, I also kinda missed the nicer interiors and I started to travel quite a bit and I wasn't enjoying it as much. The Jeep was really fun and I miss the size but this truck is a beast!
Original Poster
whitesilveradoz71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Member Introductions