Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Greetings from Northern Ontario

711 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  davidbarrett 
#1 Ā·
My name is Greg & I have been living in N. Ontario for approx 15 yrs with my wife & 2 boys. I work as an Electrical Tester in a Bombardier plant that builds Subway cars & other Light rail vehicles. Outside of work I also enjoy photography, camping & Stamp collecting.

Just bought a new (To me) 2011 Silverado Ext cab, 4.8l, 4x4. Only 25oookm! Everything is still stock but I have a few minor issues & preferances that I will be taking on in the weeks & months to come. So you will be seeing some posts from me with how-to questions & seeking feed back from others. My previous truck was a 97 Silverado Ext cab, with 5.0l, 2WD. Bought that one in 99 with 52oookm & sold it a few wks ago with 176oookms!

We have a 20ft travel trailer that we only pull twice a year now, Out to camp in May & back around mid-Oct. I settled for the 4.8l, Doing only 2 - 30min pulls a year, I expect that this 4.8 will be able to pull it off. It's a short run & no major hills or challenges. If we were doing a lot of long hauls then of coarse I would have had to hold out for one with the 5.3. It's sometimes tough finding a truck with ALL the features you really want. There's always 1 or 2 perks that are missing or just not exactly to your preferance. Unless of coarse you order a new one from the factory. Personally tho I prefer to buy newer vehicles with low miles & factory warranty. Brand new is usually 8-10 grand more & What more are you really getting?

Take care & we'll see you around!
greg

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.