Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

614 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  stolivanil 
#1 ·
Greetings!

New member to the forum and a new Silverado owner.

Recently purchased a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L 4x4, 27000 miles. I've made some minor mods to it, 1-inch lift (leveling kit) in the front, painted mirror caps, painted door handles, driver information center, 20-inch OEM Silverado alloy wheels, and waiting for my fog lamp kit to arrive. The mirror caps and the DIC I did myself, the door handles I had the dealership do because I didn't feel like popping the door panels off. The painted door handles cost me $120 from eBay and $130 for install (ouch) but they make all the difference in appearance as far as I'm concerned. The fog lamp kit I will more than likely install with a buddy when it arrives.

It's the second Chevy truck I've owned, the first was an '83 C10 Silverado, the first vehicle I ever had back in high school. I definitely prefer the new one :)

Figured I would join the forum after every time I googled something about my truck I seemed to be directed here. A wealth of information, I really like this site.

#9 ·
Kelly,

The name of the color is Graystone Metallic. Probably looks a little different because I am parked in a parking garage at work and the lighting might distort it a bit. Also took the pick with my Droid so it's not the most amazing camera. Glad you like it. :)

And I agree, this is a great forum.

Kyle

#10 ·
Welcome aboard, Kyle! Glad you're with us, and congrats on having such a good-looking truck.

#12 ·
Bdav31 said:
Fellow newbie here as well. Similar truck. Curious about wheels, tires, and leveling kit for the thing. I want the truck to be up higher, but I use it off road for hunting and other things so looking more for practicality than looks. Thanks for any advice.
Well, the leveling kit raises the front end of the truck about two inches, so it accomplishes that goal while also making it look better. As for the wheels and tires I put on, for off road purposes, they're less practical than the stock wheels and tires. You might consider getting the leveling kit and a more aggressive tire and your truck wouldn't have much issue conquering normal logging road travel/hunting type terrain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.