jQuery not supported.

News News of Truck Talk

Site map of Truck Talk » Forum : Truck Talk

All truck related forums are within this category. These forums specifically and directly relate to Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks. Off topic discussion is not permitted here.

3in Body Lift Questions 3in Body Lift Questions

I'm thinking about getting a 3in body lift but I noticed on the notes for installation that if you have a manual transfer case that modification may be required for the shifter. Has anyone installed one on a truck with a manual transfer case? How hard was it? what modifications were required? Please let me know some answers I am looking to save as much money as possible by installing this myself vs a shop ...
Read more : 3in Body Lift Questions | Views : 131 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Exterior

Leveling kit with a suspension lift

I have an 08 Silverado 1500 4x4. I have a zone 6.5in lift on it now. I was wondering if I could put either a 1.5in bottom leveling kit on or a 2in top leveling kit on it. I have both just wondering if I could which one would be better to use.
Read more : Leveling kit with a suspension lift | Views : 282 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Suspension

rattle noise bell housing area

Good morning folks,
I've got an odd one here. 2000 Silverado 2500 6.0 4l80. Ive got a almost tinny rattle seemingly from the bell housing area of the transmission. When cold you can hear it in park, in drive or reverse, worst on cold start. Will get quieter after driven. Is gone after 20 minutes of driving. Not a wrist pin or exhaust shield noise. I cannot center noise while listening through a screw driver. ...
Read more : rattle noise bell housing area | Views : 569 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Transmission/Drivetrain

Help me decide

I'm looking to replace the flowmaster 40 series on my 09 5.3. I've been looking at a black widdow venom 300, aero turbine at3030 and magnaflow. I'm looking for a straight through design as opposed to a chambered muffler like my flowmaster. I can also barely hear my flowmaster unless I hop on the throttle which I'd like to change. Anyone have any suggestions?
Read more : Help me decide | Views : 250 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Exhaust

New shocks/rear drop question

So i will be in need of new rear shocks sometime soon and after reading a lot on this forum, I know everyone recommends the bilstein 5100's, however, 2" rear drop shackles are also probably in my future and I'm not really looking to level the front. Would the 5100s work with a rear drop since they're adjustable? Does anyone else have experience with dropping the rear and replacing rear shocks?
Read more : New shocks/rear drop question | Views : 165 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suspension

Rmoving a few intererior pieces

I need to remove two interior trim pieces that I could not figure out how.

Looking to remove the trim for the rear radio that is in the center console. I couldn't get any of my trim removal tools since the gap was really tiny. I didn't want to use a small screwdriver and mess it up either. Does it just pop out or to I need to go through the inside of the center ...
Read more : Rmoving a few intererior pieces | Views : 217 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Interior

Tire Debate

I'm looking to buy new tires net month after I install the 2.5" level kit I have in my shop. I've narrowed my options down to 3. The Mickey Thompson STZ, Cooper Zeon LTZ, and the new BFG KO2. The sizes I'm looking at are 275/60R20 or 275/65R20. The truck in question is a '12 1500 CC LTZ with the 6.2L. It's my daily driver and sees mostly pavement but some dirt roads and lots ...
Read more : Tire Debate | Views : 692 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Wheels/Tires

color matched door handles

Im having trouble finding a set of color matched door handles in victory red. I have looked on ebay and called some junk yards, no luck. Do you guys have any ideas?
Read more : color matched door handles | Views : 230 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Exterior

3rd brake light 2004 silverado

hey guys after putting my cargo light tie in to reverse lights i now have no light on the parking light side of the cargo light the brake light does work i found low voltage on the light blue wire at the cargo light connector cant seem to find a diagram showing where that wire goes to get a starting point on the low v rundown thanks guys
Read more : 3rd brake light 2004 silverado | Views : 185 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Electrical

Single Cab

New socks and shoes

Read more : Single Cab | Views : 501 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Wheels/Tires

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 849663 • Total topics 83213 • Total members 80646

It is currently Jul 29 2016, 3:00pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
SHOP TALK (Live Chat)
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds