Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

smoked headlights and taillights

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  firedawg87 
#1 ·
i have a set of headlights, and taillights smoked, which is illegal in nc, but legal in sc where i bought the truck from. they were brand new. came off of a new body 2007 2500, but will fit the 2007- 2013 1500/2500/3500. want $400, obo. i will pay for shipping from charlotte nc, 28031.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
are they factory lights that have been smoked with VHT or similar, or aftermarket with smoke lenses?

#9 ·
I'm not sure. Seems like they would, but the lights are in different place. The aftermarket projectors for Silverado have the low on top and high beams on bottom, but the Sierra are side by side. The housings may be the same dimensions, but with the lights in different places.

#15 ·
I grew up in Cape Hatteras actually. Cops have nothing better to do than nit-pick as there is no REAL crime. My tint is illegal, and I roll my windows partially down before going by cops that are obviously looking. I figure they'll be looking at my face.

#19 ·
They do not, slightly different shape. I believe it was this forum where a someone tried with both the heads and tail, no bueno

#21 ·
nvycrmn said:
Did you already put new lights on your truck? If not, what would you say to a trade? My stock for your tinted. Off topic, are those Moto Metal 970 wheels? I am looking at getting the same ones if I am correct. Truck looks great!
where are you. I don't know if the price to ship them would be worth it. Off topic, yes they are the Moto metal 970, with Amp trail master tires

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
I live in Iowa.52336. If you can get an estimate for shipping, I might be able to swing shipping for both sets (mine to you, and yours to me) but I will have to check with the bank (wife) and waiting to find out the status on my new set of wheels (between the ones you have and some ballistic scythe's).

#24 ·
shipping to Charleston is probably gonna save both of you a bit of money so don't wait on me! If firedawg wants them and ya'll can get this swap done quickly, by all means. It will probably be a couple of days before I would even be able to give you and answer because I am waiting to hear back on my offer for wheels. Thanks for looking out firedawg! I will keep an eye on this thread if something doesn't work out between you two!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.