jQuery not supported.

Got the DiabloSport Intune I2030 today & got the truck tuned

87 Octane, Firm Shift and AFM/DOD Delete
Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Re: Got the DiabloSport Intune I2030 today & got the truck t

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 13 2017, 12:29am

Funny, because the date sticker on my I2 was December 2016.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6L80e, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 230
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Waltheraustin » May 14 2017, 5:20pm

ProfBrown wrote:

It states it clearly in the owners manual and I had to input my network PW to allow it to connect.

Intune I2.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah that's new, mine didn't have that either, I have had mine less than a month also, so that's very new.[/quote]

Mine that is a few months old will do it but I need some cable I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waltheraustin
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 56
Year: 2012
Variant: Texas Edition
Extra Info: 5.3l v8 3.73
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby badbruin44 » May 14 2017, 6:31pm

Waltheraustin wrote:Just purchased the Lew tune today so awaiting to get that going. 87 didn't make any diff really either to me. Changing to firm shift makes it feel much diff. Engine TM is removed with the 87 tune but you have to remove the transmission TM in the TCM settings. I haven't messed with that as I've read it can cause issue although Lew says he always turns it off with the 6 speed transmission I believe. Can't wait to get Lew to work his magic!

I still did not see any diff with the canned tune and MPG but after Lew`s tune still no MPG change (maybe the 2500 6.0 LY6) but same MPG and more power and tranny shifting was a great improvement. Let us know what Lew`s diff is for you and ESOX when you get it done??
[gallery][/gallery]
badbruin44
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 24
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 2500 6.0L CAI Gibson
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 14 2017, 7:38pm

I will do do, but it will be a while.
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby zbkeebler » May 15 2017, 3:59pm

Mossyoakglock wrote:If you plug up your programmer to the computer, the stock tune should be in the TUNES folder. Just copy and paste them into a new folder on your computer.

I too installed the 87 Tune with AFM Deleted (previously just had AFM deleted only) and I didn't notice much improvement. I've only had it tuned a week so maybe the computer needs to "relearn" again. Every now and then it feels a little more peppy off the line though.

I didn't make any changes to the TCM tune since I already have a Vette Servo installed and I'm hesitant to installed the firm shift tune with the servo. I feel it might be too hard. I will probably go in and reduce the TM to -20% (I have the 4L60E so I don't have the On/Off function) to see if that helps. Not sure how much TM was removed with the 87 tune though. I think only TM on the motor side is removed and nothing from the trans side.

I have the vette servos as well. I've been running the stock tcm tune with TM removed -20% and plus 3% shift firmness on 1-2 & 2-3 shifts (shifts are wonderful very smooth and quick). Still haven't gone to Lew yet. I tried the firm shift tune and backed it off by 18% on all shifts pressures and still thought it was too firm. much better on the stock modified. My other change that I like is increasing the rpms in drive and park by 100 to smooth out the idle on 87 octane. FYI.
zbkeebler
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 1500 CC 4.8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Waltheraustin » May 16 2017, 1:49am

Just installed a custom tune a few min ago. Didn't get a chance to play so tomorrow should be good

Waltheraustin
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 56
Year: 2012
Variant: Texas Edition
Extra Info: 5.3l v8 3.73
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 16 2017, 2:20am

Well, I just got back from a 200+ round trip to visit Mom. I can now say that the shifting is definitely smoother than it was before the tune. It is to the point where I have to sometimes look down at the tach to ensure it is actually shifting. I am not noticing any real gain in fuel mileage but that will take more time to determine. The AFM is definitely disabled. I will wait a while yet before tweaking my current tune. So far, so good.
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Mossyoakglock » May 19 2017, 7:30pm

zbkeebler wrote:
Mossyoakglock wrote:If you plug up your programmer to the computer, the stock tune should be in the TUNES folder. Just copy and paste them into a new folder on your computer.

I too installed the 87 Tune with AFM Deleted (previously just had AFM deleted only) and I didn't notice much improvement. I've only had it tuned a week so maybe the computer needs to "relearn" again. Every now and then it feels a little more peppy off the line though.

I didn't make any changes to the TCM tune since I already have a Vette Servo installed and I'm hesitant to installed the firm shift tune with the servo. I feel it might be too hard. I will probably go in and reduce the TM to -20% (I have the 4L60E so I don't have the On/Off function) to see if that helps. Not sure how much TM was removed with the 87 tune though. I think only TM on the motor side is removed and nothing from the trans side.

I have the vette servos as well. I've been running the stock tcm tune with TM removed -20% and plus 3% shift firmness on 1-2 & 2-3 shifts (shifts are wonderful very smooth and quick). Still haven't gone to Lew yet. I tried the firm shift tune and backed it off by 18% on all shifts pressures and still thought it was too firm. much better on the stock modified. My other change that I like is increasing the rpms in drive and park by 100 to smooth out the idle on 87 octane. FYI.

So you went back to the +3% on the stock modified with -20% TM? I might try that on mine and see how it feels. Did you adjust anything on the 3-4 shift or is that not an option?
Mossyoakglock
Topics: 232
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 1500 CC 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby zbkeebler » May 19 2017, 7:41pm

I don't think I changed them. It is an option but my 3-4 shift feels great as is so I didn't play with it
zbkeebler
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 1500 CC 4.8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hburgrado » May 21 2017, 6:48pm

Im 200 miles into my custome tune from Lew. Thats not including the 150 miles to allow the fuel trims, so total 350 miles since I loaded his final tune. After the 150 I reset the mpg on the dash. Today its showing 15.8 mpg. Thats a good blend of highway and downtown Lancaster, PA. Thats also launching it pretty hard from the red lights. Highway speeds around 70 mph with cruise. Its not mountainous here, but its also far from flat.

If 15 mpg sticks around I'll be more than happy. That would be 1 mpg better with AFM off. Ill check back at a 1000 miles.
Image 2007 Silverado LT, 6L Max, 4x4, CC, RC leveling kit, Tuner, Lew tune
Hburgrado
Topics: 5
Year: 2007
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 LT 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext