jQuery not supported.

Got the DiabloSport Intune I2030 today & got the truck tuned

87 Octane, Firm Shift and AFM/DOD Delete
Forum rules
This is a forum for computer performance upgrades only. If what you are asking about is a physical accessory, it should not be in another forum category. Performance accessories such as intakes should be in "Engine" and when you want the growl, that should be in "Exhaust". Thank you for your understanding in keeping our forums clean and understandable.

Got the DiabloSport Intune I2030 today & got the truck tuned

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 11 2017, 10:05pm

I got my Diablosport I2030 and put a basic 87 tune with AFM delete on today. My main goal was disabling AFM which was being disabled with a Range device up to now. I wanted my OBD2 port back and some added capability. Now that I am close to being out of warranty, I am not concerned with that issue.
It all went great except, I could not access the menu for deleting the AFM. I was using advanced settings but still could not find it. A quick call to CS let me know I had to drop the basic 87 tune on first and then go back and modify that tune to get the "Modify Parameters" menu to activate. Then it all went great. I took it for a test drive about 5 miles and while I was able to verify that AFM was disabled, I cannot really say I noticed anything else really different. Time will tell if the gas mileage improves, but I am just happy to have my AFM off and my OBD2 port available to my bluetooth OBD2 adapter and Torque app, if I want to use it.

I still have some exploring to do with the I2030 such as reading codes and other functions, but that can wait for now. My biggest question now is how is my factory tune saved (i assume on the I2030) and is there a way to back that up to my computer? I didn't see anything in the manual about that. I certainly don't want to lose that.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6L80e, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 230
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Re: Got the DiabloSport Intune I2030 today & got the truck t

Postby judsonlimited » May 11 2017, 10:12pm

All i know is the factory tune is stored on the device. i'm sure you can plug it in the computer and pull it off and copy it to folder. That's how its done with Lew's tunes.

"CritterGitter: I'm just baffled at the amount of dumb worthless douchebaggery I see being done to these good trucks"

ALL LIVES MATTER
judsonlimited
Topics: 111
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 11 2017, 10:14pm

I will check that out. Thanks Judson.

Oh, and another question. Since the the tuner connects to the internet via WiFi, is the USB cord only for power?
Last edited by esox07 on May 11 2017, 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby GXPWeasel » May 11 2017, 10:16pm

I'm interested to hear about your truck and what you think of the tune going forward. This is what I"m considering to be my "next step" on my '15, but it has me worried that you didn't notice much of a difference. Hopefully, you meant just with the AFM disabled, and not in the responsiveness of the truck.

I'm staying tuned...no pun intended.
2015 Z71, LTZ Silverado
GXPWeasel
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 2
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Crew Cab LTZ Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby esox07 [OP] » May 11 2017, 10:24pm

GXP: I noticed no real difference in performance with the basic 87 tuner, firm shifts and AFM delete. I had the AFM disabled before this with a Range device, so that should not play into any performance difference. But NO, I didn't notice any real difference with what ever the 87 Octane tune does or the Firm shift setting. It was a quick, short test as I was mainly interested in verifying AFM was off. I will report back later with further thoughts after I have had a chance to put it through its paces. Maybe even try some other settings....And eventually a Custom Tune by Lew would be the most desirable. But that will have to wait.
Original Poster
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby ProfBrownProfBrown is online! » May 11 2017, 10:31pm

I have mine and had it tuned the same as esox before I switched to the Diable (91) tune. I will say however that I did notice an immediate change in shifts overall. Much more precise and comfortable. Esox consider raising your in gear idle up by 100rpm and your in park idle up 50rpm. This will help with some responsiveness off the line, but mostly just making it feel more comfortable at a stop light with the odd idle spot. Overall, my truck with the diablo tuner gets better mileage, shifts smoother, and I was able to fix my speedo for the bigger tires as well as the mileage reader and all.
3.5" CST Lift Spindle Kit, 1" top mount strut spacer, 2" rear block, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Method NVs, 33" General Grabbers, Diablo
DDM HID kit, 5500k ultra bulb 35 watt
ProfBrownProfBrown is online!
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 8
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 SLE 5.3 XCSB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hburgrado » May 12 2017, 3:27pm

Same here esox. I bought the intune2 recently and with the canned 87 tune if I hadn't loaded it myself, I wouldn't have been able to tell. Not in performance or mpg.

Im about about 50 miles into Lews custom at this time. I can tell a difference in the truck now. Too soon to say officially on mpg, but it has climbed to 14.3. Day 1 it was at 11, so Im back to my pretuner average now. Im betting on 15 all said and done.

Edit* I should say 50 miles into the first step of Lews tune. I have not completed the wot run.
Image 2007 Silverado LT, 6L Max, 4x4, CC, RC leveling kit, Tuner, Lew tune
Hburgrado
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2007
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 LT 6.0L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MMZ71 » May 12 2017, 4:21pm

esox, did you turn down or disable Torque Management? I think that's what made the biggest difference on mine. These trucks are held back greatly by TM. Getting rid of that really "freed" mine up.

I too was running the 87 can tune, and this was on a 2008 Sierra 5.3.
MMZ71's 08 Sierra <---Traded
2016 Silverado 2500HD
MMZ71
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 2500 gasser
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » May 12 2017, 4:24pm

esox07 wrote:I will check that out. Thanks Judson.

Oh, and another question. Since the the tuner connects to the internet via WiFi, is the USB cord only for power?

Where did you read that it connects via wifi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im on a never ending quest to gather up enough pop cans so I can buy a nice extended cab or crew cab, so I don't have to hide my head when im driving this strippy standard cab of mine. So people don't have to feel sorry for me.
ferraiolo1
Topics: 42
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: Z71 RCSB
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Sig-man » May 12 2017, 5:10pm

Hi everybody new here just joined today . I have the Diablosport i2030 installed on my 2010 Chevy Silverado ltz 5.3 . It starts ticking with the tune anybody else have this problem
Sig-man
Year: 2010
Extra Info: Z71 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Performance Tuning