Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Washed and Waxed

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  jarmour05 
#1 ·
well finally found the time to spend the afternoon washing and buffing the truck. I first washed it then went over the entire truck with a clay bar...then used an orbital buffer and used swirl remover compound..then waxed it..WOW what a difference.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
haha..yeah..havent done a full wash wax like that in a long time...well worth it in the end though (except when the wife got home we took the son to the local fair and had to drive through mud/dirt field to park) so who knows what it will look like when I wake up tomorrow

#9 ·
#11 ·
haha..yeah I dont trust places to do my truck..my wife bought a new 2013 nissan altima three weeks ago..came straight off the truck with the plastic still on it..took it home and it sat for the entire weekend..took it back to them monday cause they threw in leather interrior as part of the sale so they had to take it to a shop to install that..got it back beautiful interrior but noticed the entire car had swirl marks all over it that were not there before..so they took it for the day and had "their" guy "buff" it..got it back and it was worse than it was before and had dried white wax splattered all through the door jams on what they call a "super black" car..guy told my wife that he didnt want to wash it cause he didnt want to take the existing wax off of it..there in lies the reason I wont trust anyone to do my truck..ayone knows you have to wash the dirt off the surface before you go grinding it into the clearcoat..you just turned that orbital buffer into an orbital sander dumbass!!

#14 ·
Claybar is the only way to go. I have only done it once so far but I have only had my truck since October. Did the full detail on it in May and will be doing it again here soon. Great looking truck by the way and I really like that grille. Also, as stated before, it is great to see somebody take the time to do such a deep detailing on a truck. I was starting to think I was crazy for it compared to everybody that I live around.

#15 ·
The truck looks awesome guy. X2 on not letting anyone else detail your vehicle, no one will take the care that you will to do the job right. I have never gone full out and used a clay bar before but I will now! Thanks for the inspiration, that thing looks clean.

#17 ·
Thanks guys..took pretty much the entire afternoon but I was very happy with the result..although took it to the fair that evening and parked in a field so it ended up gettign covered in fine dust..but I used Meguiars clay bar kit..comes with the quick detailer and 2 clay bars..worked great. i still have quite a bit of swirl marks but I will focus more on those when I detail it one more time before winter hits..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.