jQuery not supported.

LSU627 - Buyers beware

Forum rules
1) All post topics MUST include the screen name of the seller under review (Vendor accounts are currently excluded from reviews)
2) The rating used can be whatever you want as long as you give a scale of good to bad (1-5, A-F, etc).
3) Supporting documentation to support your rating/review
4) Keep it simple
5) This is NOT the Royal Rumble and we do not promote attacks. If there is a legitimate concern, please contact the seller privately and do not hold your discussion in public for all to see. A thread can and will be locked/edited/deleted if the SilveradoSierra.com staff feels it's getting out of hand.

SilveradoSierra.com and it's staff members accept no liability to transactions through our site(s).

LSU627 - Buyers beware

Postby qpholley13 [OP] » Jan 11 2016, 12:01am

LSU627
Rating - 0 out of 10

I really hate to have to do this and I highly doubt he will be back here to sell anything again but just in case I feel it needs to be put out there that you should not buy anything from LSU627. And hopefully let someone learn from my mistakes.

To make a long story short I agreed to purchase a custom set of headlights from Jared for what I thought was a great deal. As soon as we agreed on a price I paypal'd him the money. Now, for my first mistake. I decided to try and save LSU the 3% fees associated with selling something over pay pal and sent the money as a "gift" which results in no fees for the receiving party. Do not do this, I repeat, DO NOT DO THIS! When you do this you forfeit all of paypal'd fraud protection so you cannot dispute your case down the road.

That night LSU627 sent me a message saying he would be going to fedex the next morning to ship the headlights out which sounded great to me. The next day, his message stated his son was sick and he couldn't get to fedex until the next day at the earliest, completely understandable. The next day I get a message saying he was on his way to fedex to ship the lights, awesome! He never let me know that they were shipped or provided me with a tracking number at the time of shipment. A few days later he gave me the run around about losing the tracking number but then saw it in his sons back pack but he had drawn all over it and it was no longer legible but he'd try to get me a number. This is when I started to realize that I might have made a mistake, it is also the last I heard from him. After multiple attempts to message him, messages that he opened and read by the way, he has never once responded. It has been a month since payment was sent.

Please don't make the same mistakes I have made. I know most of our members here are stand up guys and gals but there will always be someone who ruins it for the whole bunch.

Here is the last communication from him on 12/16.
LSU627 wrote:I'm sorry but my son wrote on ur tracking number man. I was looking all over the place and I seen it in his backpack when I picked him up from school. Lol I can get it on the computer later but i do remember they said it should only 5-7 days for it to get to u man. I'll see about getting it off the computer tonight though
Original Poster
qpholley13
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Re: LSU627 - Buyers beware

Postby fpab7 » Jan 11 2016, 12:06am

Damn, how long ago did you order the headlights?
fpab7
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Jan 11 2016, 12:09am

Wow and to think I gave him a hundred dollars worth of trim parts for his last build.
wildchevy
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 1960
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby qpholley13 [OP] » Jan 11 2016, 12:11am

Sent him the money on 12/11.
Original Poster
qpholley13
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Jan 11 2016, 12:15am

that's just wrong
wildchevy
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby qpholley13 [OP] » Jan 11 2016, 12:18am

I held off writing this for a good while in hopes it was all just a misunderstanding, his lack of response wrote it in stone for me though.
Original Poster
qpholley13
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby wildchevy » Jan 11 2016, 12:19am

pm sent
wildchevy
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Jan 11 2016, 12:32am

That's a shame that guys would do this on here.

I do alot of buying and selling on other forums (rc heli related) and if the buyer requests a their payment gifted, that sends a red flag up to me.

I refuse to send gifted payments to anyone. I know you said you were trying to do him a favor, but unfortunately you loose all recourse via PayPal when doing so
19trax95
Topics: 88
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck » Jan 11 2016, 12:51am

That sucks!! One would think we can trust each other out here a little more that a more generic forum. Seeing as we all have one thing in common.
I hope this guy realizes that the karma gods are watching. I'm sure he'll get his.
05Canuck
Topics: 44
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby semicrazy » Jan 11 2016, 2:20am

Sorry to hear that man. Karma will get him back. It just sucks even in a tight knit community like this there are people like that.
semicrazy
Topics: 87
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Seller and Buyer Reviews

Common search terms

sent think back buyers beware guys lights since anything last thing while anyone same great first make getting

It is currently Apr 23 2017, 6:32am

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
SHOP TALK (Live Chat)
Seller and Buyer Reviews Forum
Please be sure to review the buyer of your goods or the seller of what you have purchased (whichever applies).
To create a new topic in Seller and Buyer Reviews, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds