Once again, you spoke and we listened. We are proud to announce the " Official Guidelines & Site Etiquette". Please read, understand, follow, and report when necessary.
Our goal is never to over-moderate or create restrictions, but rather to help us all thrive in this fast paced on-line environment.
Please don't hesitate to PM a moderator with comments or suggestions regarding this list.
Guidelines to live by
(Following guideline infractions will result in a confab of Staff members to be discussed as to severity of disciplinary action. Appeals always welcome, after all… we are all human.)
1. Moderators and Administrators are here to help keep this site as great as it is. If a mod or admin asks you to do (or not to do) something... please listen.
- We are all passionate about this website and do our best to to keep it clean, neat, and orderly for all. When a moderator makes a comment it is not to hurt or insult. It is for the overall good of our membership. Please respect that.
2. Don't swear... too much
- We are a family friendly website. Let's keep it clean and respectful. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandmother, don't say it here. F-bombs are never accepted and should never be implied.
3. NO racial or sexual slurs.
- We are a family friendly website. Let's keep it clean and respectful. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandmother, don't say it here.
4. We realize most of our membership are "good 'ol boys" but do your best not to objectify the opposite sex.
- We are a family friendly website. Let's keep it clean and respectful. If you wouldn't post it in front of your daughter, grandmother, or at church it doesn't belong here.
5. There is never a reason to personally attack other members.
- We are here to talk about trucks. If you don't like something someone said, report the post, or click out of the thread.
SilveradoSierra.com Site Etiquette
1. We're all here because we love our trucks... There's no reason to post simply to flame or contradict another member. Let's keep it positive.
- We like to think of SilveradoSierra.com as a positive truck loving community. If you cannot say what needs to be said respectfully... Don't say it.
2. Use an * in place of the letter "O" when spelling F*rd and D*dge (which we don't want to hear about). Don't even bother bringing up T*y*tas, or H*ndas... They're not real trucks anyway.
3. Do your best not to quote the post directly above yours.
- We do our best to keep the site clean and streamlined, and your help is appreciated.
- Guidelines for using the "quote" feature properly
4. Got it... we understand nobody likes the SilveradoSierra search feature. Just do the membership a favor and try to search before asking a question.
- If you don't know how, click here: How to use the search feature
5. All classified ads require moderator approval. Be sure to read the guidelines before posting your ad.
- Our site sponsors invest a fair portion of their advertising expenses to have the right to advertise here. Those who do not respect this rule are bringing dishonor to the site and risk being kicked from the site.
- This forum exists for member to member private sales and is not to be abused by companies or dealerships.
- Classified Posting Guidelines
6. Work constructively with Admins, Mods, and other members to help this become the best truck forum on the internet.
- Individual commitment to a group effort – That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. (Vince Lombardi)
7. Stay on topic.
- This is the "Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra enthusiast super-site. The only site focused on Silverado/Sierra trucks exclusively." If you're not talking about Silverados or Sierras, you are off topic. Take the off topic conversation to the Tailgate Talk forum.
8. Avoid typing in ALL CAPS
- Typing in all caps on the internet is representative of yelling at someone. We are all here to listen - we can hear you.
Thank you for reading and complying with these guidelines. They were not simply pulled from the minds of your moderators, but complied through input from our members over the past 6 months. We are passionate about the success of this site and know you are too. So, let's continue working together to help SilveradoSierra.com grow to be the very best truck-focused forum on the internet.
Again, it was your input that inspired and developed these rules, so your comments, additions, and suggestions are always welcome. Feel free to send a PM to any Mod/Admin.
Thanks for reading,