jQuery not supported.

1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Z71 with 3" Body Lift Pictures!

1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Z71 with 3" Body Lift Pictures!

Postby archerykid96 [OP] » Jul 13 2012, 6:21am

Alright everyone. Questions and pictures needed. Here goes. So I have a 99 1500 LS Z71 that's COMPLETELY stock right now. I'm going to install a 3" Performance Acc. body lift kit on it with a buddy of mine. I'll put on some bigger tires after that. I'm thinking either 315/75/16's or 305/70/16s. Which would look better? Would the 315's even fit with just the 3" BL?
So next question. How hard is it to install the BL? I know I have to extend the steering rod, that doesn't sound too difficult. Just basically put the extension in right? Is there anything else I'm going to have to mess with/extend that could be difficult for non experts? lol. If anyone here has pictures of their 99-01 1500 with just a 3" BL I'd love to see them before I buy the kit. It's hard to picture my truck with it. I don't know if it will make it look that much bigger! I Hope it will. It seems strangely small right now compared to my family's ford trucks. It's killing me xD Especially since this is my first vehicle and I take great pride in it. :P
Thanks everyone. This will be a BIGGGGG help if I get some responses.
Original Poster
archerykid96
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 13
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS Z71 with 3" Body Lift Pictu

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Jul 15 2012, 1:29pm

305/70/16 as long as your wheel is no wider than 8".

I would consider myself ready for a challenge most times, but I wouldn't install a body lift on a truck. At this point you are changing the engineered, best structure of a vehicle from the way it was designed by someone with far more schooling than you may ever want. That being said, leave it to the professionals, this way even if you do something absolutely stupid, your parents have a company to sue instead of your buddy, Jonathan's parents.
Onlyina_Chevy
Global Moderator (borderline Redneck variety)

Onlyina_Chevy: you've joined back into the Android ranks?
starspangled6.0: can't wait to dump the iphone
starspangled6.0: i was wrong
starspangled6.0: you were right
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 130
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...usually in the form of a tornado!
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 LT2
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Servicemen

Return to Suspension