Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

2012 Silverado Drop Questions?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  vettekid12 
#1 ·
I just ordered a new truck and soon as I get it from the factory I want to slam it! On my last truck the only thing I ever did was 2" shackles so this is kind of new to me. I was looking at doing a 4" 7" drop and was wondering if anyone had any ideas and most importantly what kit to use?

#4 ·
john/arlene said:
you guys make me laugh.. by the way my name is arlene.. I used to live in Tucson AZ. my husband had a said his truck had a 6 in drop all around.. but since he is turning 37 I made him get rid of it. now he raised his 2010 Silverado.. but enjoy the raised one alot more.
Couldnt agree more. A guy living in long island slamming his truck makes me laugh, until they get their first winter storm. Not to mention buying a 2wd in Long Island. LOL But to each his own. to the OP be careful how much you "slam" your truck, the dealership loves to void warranties to excessive lowering/lifting of their trucks. I know most any suspension company will make a lowering kit. Eibach/Fabtech just do some research and youll see whats available. I would recommending bagging it, so you can raise if you need too. I know NYC/Long Island roads arent the most friendly to lowered vehicles, Im from the Bronx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.