Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Bilstein 5100

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  09chevyman 
#1 ·
I am currently running a rough country level kit. I have been reading about the bilstein 5100's and being adjustable. I have been wanting to put a different shock. I love the look that the level kit gives however I am kind of wanting another inch or so. I know the 5100's are adjustable up to like 1.77 inchs or some number close to that. Can I keep my rough country level and add these with like another inch without any problems.

#2 ·
First off how big is your current level kit??? If 2" level then you can run the blisten's on .57" for around a 2.5" of lift in front. If you already have a 2.5 level I would set the blisten's on stock. Your cv angles with anything over 2.5" in front get terrible and uca's will be hitting bump stops and making for a rough ride.

#4 ·
I know you are new here, so I am going to take it easy on you.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!! (I know there are a couple forum members cracking up right now)

This has been discussed numerous times. If you skim through this section of the board you will find it, or use the google search in the top center of the page. It's not advised to "stack" kits, but you can do it. Brian's advise is correct. With the rough country you can go to the first notch. Then get the RC 3" blocks for the rear and some new rear shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.