Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Block kit and leveling kit.

8K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  BlackZ71Silverado 
#1 ·
Am thinking about getting a 3 inch rear block kit on my 2011 4x4 Sierra. Anyone know if a 2.5 inch leveling kit would level the truck with the 3 " rear block. Thanks.

#4 ·
You should be about 1/2 to 1 inch higher in the back which is what I am going for with mine I think you should think about a 2 inch block which should keep you level.

#6 ·
They call it a leveling kit for a reason guys. Your only raising the rear by an inch, most of your gain is in the front to get rid of that atrocious nose dive look.nif you want to beef up the back for hauling or towing then add air bags. Nothing looks worse than a truck that squats or nose dives to compensate for extra load capacity

#10 ·
Wouldn't a 3" block actually lift 1.75"? I haven't looked at mine yet but.....I was looking at this kit on Ebay. According to this, a 2011 should have a 1.25" block.....

ReadyLift® OEM style rear block kits are now available for model specific applications. These Rear Block Kits include (2) Rear Blocks, (4) E-Coated U-Bolts, (8) Nuts and Washers and will safely lift the rear of your Truck an additional 1" to 3" depending on application. Based on OEM designs and never made out of light weight extrusions our 3" GM Blocks are made from cast iron and have Anti-Rotation ears built-In. Fits 1999-2011 classic and new body style 6-lug model GM trucks. New models with OEM 1.25" blocks will want to take advantage of the additional 1.75" of lift for towing and hauling, particularly when using a front leveling kit. 1999-2006 4wd trucks will replace the factory 2" block for 1" of additional lift. Eliminates the dangers of having to stack blocks which can be illegal in some states.

#12 ·
I have a RC leveling kit and a set of their 3" blocks on the rear of the truck. When I installed the front leveling kit, it was actually a little higher in the front than in the rear and looked funny, that's why I installed the blocks. With the level and blocks, the truck has a perfect amount of rake to it and is perfect for towing. The truck sits level when loaded and doesn't have the front end pointing up in the air like it would without lifting the rear after the leveling kit install.

A 3" rear block will only give 1 3/4" lift in the rear. Stay away from the ReadyLift blocks, they cost way to much money ($160.00). The Rough Country kit costs much less, around $50.00 for the same exact size and tapered rear blocks.

An issue you may run into adding a 3" rear block is the shocks may bottom out on you because you are stretching them when adding the blocks. To fix this you can either buy longer shocks OR get a set of ReadyLift relocation brackets ($60) for the rear shock mounting points. I added a set and they work great, my shocks do not bottom out with them, they did without the brackets.

For anyone thinking about doing this, the RC 3" block and u-bolt kit part number is : 6564 (they are tapered to correct angle)
The shock mount brackets are ReadyLift : 67-3809 (recommended with 3" blocks)

You can also lift the rear up to 2" by adding a long leaf to the leaf pack. If you tow or haul heavy loads this would be a much better option than a rear block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.