Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Clicking noise coming from left front...

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rjf81390 
#1 ·
My 2012 has a weird click in the left front. Anytime I back up, go from reverse to drive & move forward about 20-30ft there is a clicking noise that comes from the left front end of the truck. It sounds just like the a/c compressor clicking off & on but its not the a/c. You can sometimes feel the vibration of the click through the accelerator pedal. Not sure what it is but when my headlights are on & it's dark, you can see the lights flicker slightly when the truck makes the noise. Almost sounds & feels like it is coming from the left front wheel area. Any thoughts on what this could be?

#2 ·
hey, i have that same exact issue on my 2012 silverado. i told the dealer about it a while ago,at 4,000 miles they ordered a new gas pedal assembly. they had also felt the truck do that click.
did not solve the issue. i asked the dealer at a later date about it, they said it may just be that way. my buddys truck also a 2012 silverado (but 4x4) has this issue also.
its really just an annoyance issue(had lots of those with this 2012) anyone else??? thank you

#3 ·
Glad to hear its not just me being picky. Had a service guy at Chevy dealership listen to it & he said he never heard that before. Truck only has 3,200 miles on it. Gues I may have to leave it with them one day. Wondering if may e it could be something in the front brake caliper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.