Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Couple of rear block questions

726 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BlackZ71Silverado 
#1 ·
Hey all this is my first post.This seems like the best silverado site so i was hoping you guys could help me with some questions i have. I have new 12 Silverado 2wd and I just added a RC 2" leveling kit which looks great! Now I want to add rear blocks for alittle lift and I would like a little rake to the truck. I researched but couldn't find answers to the questions I have so bare with me. I was thinking about RC 3" blocks and was wondering how much rake will it give the truck? I don't want the stock rake. Also if I go with 3" will it effect the ride at all? Do I really need those strut relocating brackets? Doesn't seem like anybody talks about them. I do tow a 19ft bass boat, would 3" be safe to tow? Will 3" give enough rake so truck wont sag in rear when towing? If anybody has a picture of this set up I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a 2.5" level in te front and 3" blocks in the back and I have a little rake not to much at all if your dead set on blocks I think a 3" will be fine but I would recommend an add a leaf instead since your towing and all

#3 ·
Adding a leaf will make the truck REALLY stiff. Unless you are going to be loading the bed of the truck to the max all the time, you don't need them. I have 3" rear blocks and tow all the time with no issues. The truck sits about level with a dump trailer with 1 ton of coal in it.

You do not need to do anything to the strust (they are in the front). You will want to look into getting either the proper length shocks OR relocation brackets from ReadyLift. The 2" added to the rear with the 3" block has the shock pretty close to being maxed out and WILL make for a harsher ride. Brackets or shocks made for up to 3" of lift will return the ride back to stock again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.