jQuery not supported.

Left Front end noise

Left Front end noise

Postby jscott [OP] » Apr 25 2011, 2:34am

When I make a slow left hand turn, Like into a parking spot, I get a creaking noise it sounds like the left front. Stabilizer bar bushings? I also have a noise in the left front that sounds like marbles in a pop can when Iam at 60mph or higher. this noise does not happen all the time, but is starting to happen more often. I have a 2007 5.3 Z71 Silverado. Can anyone help?
Original Poster
jscott
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Front end noise   noise in front end   Front end noise help   Front end noise   Thump noise in the front end   Weird noise from the front end   Popping Noise from Front End   Intermittent Grinding Noise From front end?   Banging noise coming from front end?   Why is my front end making so mich noise?   chattering noise in front end drivers side   My2005silv. Making a clunk/pop noise in front end   Front end clunk noise enter drive way and turning over bumps   Clunk/pop noise from front end when turning at low speeds 
Suspension Sponsor
4 Wheel Parts Your Offroad Superstore

Re: Left Front end noise

Postby koolz71 » Apr 25 2011, 3:26pm

I know on the 2003-2006 i believe..had issues with the intermediate steering shaft. The issue is the shaft will not stay lubricated causing pops and wierd noises like you describe at low speeds. I currently have this issue was told they can lube it for around 50 or replace it for 140 with the newer designed shaft. I hope this helps you, and welcome to the site
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Suspension