Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Leveling Kit for my 2017 Z71 LTZ

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  05Canuck 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a front leveling kit for my 2017 Silverado Z71 LTZ Midnight Edition.

There seems to be a lot of options on the market with mixed reviews, do you guys have any experience with front leveling kits? If so, could you recommend any?

Many thanks.

#3 ·
If you go with a spacer kit, it doesn't matter which company you go with. It's a simple design that you can't really improve upon. I had a 2" leveling kit from Rough Country in my 2014 Silverado when I first got it. The ride quality, in my opinion, was alittle stifter than stock. If you go the spacer route stay away from anything over 2.5", anything more than that is going to wear components faster and give you a rougher ride.

The second option is a lift strut, a more expensive but (depending on the company) better ride. After a bit I switched out my 2" RC spacer for a set of Bilstien 5100 adjustable struts. They only level 1.77" at the most, but the ride was much better imo. I added a custom made set of 3/4 spacers to bring the total lift to 2.25" and found the ride almost better than stock. I believe Rancho makes a strut now too, but I can't speak to their ride quality.

#9 ·
#14 ·
Batman53201 said:
great. I will have to check those out when im ready to replace shocks. thanks again.
So your gonna level...but when your shocks pooch out your gonna remove the level and do it with the shocks?
I'm just asking....why waste the $ on the level when you can just do the shocks now. Bilstien 5100's have a lifetime warranty anyways. No pressure but your gonna find that the 5100s are far superior to the stockers..even if there the Ranchos.

#15 ·
05Canuck said:
Batman53201 said:
great. I will have to check those out when im ready to replace shocks. thanks again.
So your gonna level...but when your shocks pooch out your gonna remove the level and do it with the shocks?
I'm just asking....why waste the $ on the level when you can just do the shocks now. Bilstien 5100's have a lifetime warranty anyways. No pressure but your gonna find that the 5100s are far superior to the stockers..even if there the Ranchos.
no, im not adding a level. when im ready to replace shocks, I will get the shocks that will level it out. and yes, I have the ranchos The truck is brand new, and currently in storage. I only drive it in the winter, and once in a while in the summer when I need to tow the boat somewhere.

Anyway, when I do get the shocks, do they come with springs, or do you use the current springs on truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.