Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Leveling Kit

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  chevydevil 
#1 ·
Ok so been looking at possibly putting a leveling kit on my truck so I'm looking for input.

Don't want to spend alot of money so brands? types? (torsion keys, spacers, etc)

I'm pretty mechanically inclined and would want to install it but after looking at the kits I don't have some the tools . . . looking for those w/o having to purchase them . . . suggestions?

General opinions of this type of lift/ modification . . .

Thanks for the help guys!

#2 ·
If anything make sure you get the forged keys (best quality/strength). I've also seen the pics of the torsion clamp. It looks like a dam C-clamp to me but don't know for sure. If so, that would save you $100 right there. Good luck.

#3 ·
I think the keys would be the best bet as well. You should be able to do it with most common hand tools. Impact's would only help get the job done faster.

#4 ·
Torsion keys/bars support the front suspension and body right? so the plow mount on the frame will not stress the leveling kit if i understand this . . . correct me if I'm wrong please

#5 ·
Like Mudduck said, as long as you buy a quality part it should be just like running a plow on your stock suspension. Maybe a certified tech will chime in with their opinion on it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.