jQuery not supported.

Lift Kit for 2010 Silverado

Lift Kit for 2010 Silverado

Postby SilveradoK9 [OP] » Mar 27 2011, 6:01pm

Im thinking about putting a 4" lift on my truck. I have a few questions. 1. Will it void warranty. 2. What size rims/tires could I get with the lift kit.
Original Poster
SilveradoK9
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Suspension Sponsor
4 Wheel Parts Your Offroad Superstore

Re: Lift Kit for 2010 Silverado

Postby SilverBullet11 » Mar 28 2011, 4:04am

when i was purchasing my 2011 i asked the salesman if i lifted my truck would it void the warranty. he said no. he said the only thing it may void is like ball joints. i dont think gm would approve of it, but things like this kinda depend on the dealer itself. they are the ones working on the truck. not gm themselves. some dealers follow the rules to a t. and some will bend them. my dealer said i can do whatever i want pretty much as long as my upgrades are bolt on. such as lift kit. cai. cat back exhaust. obviously you cant go cut your cats off or put a different intake manifold in or bolt up a super charger.

and as far as tire size with a 4" they reccomend 33" as the max. but i have seen 4" lifts with 35"s under them so idk if it depends on the brand of lift? i am lookin at a readylift for my truck. its 4" in the front. 1.75" in the rear. allows 33" tire according to them. seems to be a pretty cool lift. allows you to use your factory shocks. go to readylift.com to read about it.
SilverBullet11
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 30
Blogs: 2
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SilveradoK9 [OP] » Mar 28 2011, 5:57am

Yes readylift was the one I am looking at.
Original Poster
SilveradoK9
Topics: 1
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Browny10783 » Mar 28 2011, 8:00am

With a 4 in lift 33's will be best. If you try and shove 35's you will have to trim big time and you will still rub. And I looked into this matter on warranty because I to want to lift my 2010. And yes it will void. If you take anything stock off the truck and replace it with after market technically it's now void. And I don't know of anything lift that's above 4 in that docent replace the knuckles. Like above mentioned some dealers will look the other way with some things like catbacks and intakes but from my experience if the dealer isn't the one that installed the lift there going to tell you to take a hike. At least in central Texas. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Ps check out superlift.
DD 2010 White Texas Edition Silverado Ext Cab
Daystar Leveling Kit-Window Tint-305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grabblers
Magnaflow muffler with SS Tip, 8K HID

Toy 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
4.5 lift, 33-12.5-15 Dakota AT's
And much more for off roading
Browny10783
Topics: 9
Extra Info: 1500 Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EKinMN » Mar 28 2011, 1:18pm

Browny10783 wrote:If you take anything stock off the truck and replace it with after market technically it's now void.

I get what you are trying to say, I think, but it's not completely true. The entire warranty will not be void. GM may not honor warranty for your driveline if you do a lift, due to all the geometry changes, for example--but would still honor other parts of the warranty, like the engine.
Also, as we have discussed several times, GM cannot void your warranty simply for the use of aftermarket parts. Example, if you use a WIX filter instead of AC/Delco, they cannot void your engine warranty.

But I do agree with Browny, in that certain alterations could cause GM to not warranty parts of the vehicle that were changed...in other words, it may give them an "out".
2010 Sierra All-Terrain. Mods: Range AFM delete, R.C. 2" level, 275/65-18 tires, mudflaps, soft toneau cover, bed mat, side steps, and HIDGuy 35w 5000k HID's
EKinMN
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 146
Blogs: 6
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: All Terrain Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby SilverBullet11 » Mar 28 2011, 4:38pm

there are many options and outcomes to this question. it really just depends on the relationship you have with your dealer. my dealer said the only thing that might get voided from a lift is your ball joints. the ready lift seems to be a very well engineered lift that maintains as much of your factory specs as possible. it has front diff drop brackets to keep the angle of your cv axles the same. shock drop brackets so you can use your factory shocks. 4" extended upper control arms to maintain the proper cam angle. and a extended skid plate for your front diff. you can read all about them at readylift.com or you tube it and there is a video from them
SilverBullet11
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SilverBullet11 » Apr 02 2011, 9:12pm

I really like the readylift cause of its price and it looks easy to put on. but i really want 35" tires. and readylift will only fit 33" but a real 4" will fit 35's
SilverBullet11
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Suspension