Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Lift / Tire & Wheel setup

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lilmagoo1 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Duramax 6.6 2500HD and am looking to put a budget lift / tires and wheels on for this summer. I'm not planning on going crazy but would like to put as large as possible tires on without performing surgery on my suspension system. I haven't done much mechanic work but I am not mechanically retarded. :) I was looking for maybe a 3" or 4" suspension lift without having to extend brake lines, or modify too much. And with that in mind what would be a good tire size? 33's? 35's? If I have to get less of a lift to make installation easier I will, because I pretty much want to do this in a weekend and call it done. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys!

#2 ·
Also, I have thought about a leveling kit but I would like a little more travel. Is there an easy way to put on 35's without spending too much? And does anyone have any personal experiences/recommendations with brands they have had any luck with? With the 2007 Duramax? thanks!

#5 ·
That tire/wheel setup should work with a set of keys. Really if you want more lift than that it's going to be way more time and $$ consuming. Unless its a 2wd then I know someone who has some fab tech 3.5" lift spindles sitting in their garage off of their last truck (me)

#6 ·
Leveling kit should be plenty, but be sure to check with the specs (call them) from the manufacturer that you get the kit from. I'm very happy with my Top Gun Customz 2.5" kit. Just my $0.02. Good luck

#7 ·
right on thanks for the input.... I have a 4wd and the more I think about price of wheels and rims and the whole package I'm leaning towards 33's on 17" rims with a leveling kit. Anyone have any preference on leveling kits with an add a leaf for the rear? Or good, cheap, reputable site out there they have dealt with??? Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.