Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTZ Z71 AND LT Z71 difference?

18K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BlackZ71Silverado 
#1 ·
I just bought an 07 z71 ltz and have noticed that my truck sits lower than other peoples z71 lt's. Every truck I have compared to is 4wd and so is mine. What's the difference? Blocks ? Springs?

#2 ·
I believe that the LTZ package is the only trim level available with autoride, which is a self leveling feature. That, and the LTZ can have a different tire size than the LT. Combined, that may be causing the difference you see.

#6 ·
I hav the same exact truck 07 LTZ 4x4 and mine is also a bit lower in the front than the 07 LT 4x4 I had before this. I just installed the RC leveling kit and it helped alot. by the way I have the 17s on mine the 18" and 20" where an option in 07 on the LTZ trim level.

#9 ·
^^That's what they told me, GW. They were trying to sell me one with 20's and I wanted the Z71 with the 18's.

#10 ·
I would imagine just a leveling kit. Simple spacers between the top of the front coil springs and suspension/frame mounts that left the front 2.5/3.5" reducing the factory "rake". You can also lower the rear instead, using a lowered leveling kit which is rear leaf spring shackles that drop the rear to reduce/remove the factory "rake"

#11 ·
There is absolutely NO difference at all between LT or LTZ Z71 suspension trucks. blocks/springs are the same across the board for theat suspension.

The Z71 w/ appearance package though comes with stiffer shocks and sits a little bit higher than the regular Z71 suspension. If one has the Rancho shocks, that would explain it.

Both the 17" wheels and tires and the 18" wheels and tires are 31.4" tall, that does not matter. I have them both and they are the same height. My 1020 w/ Z71 appearance package sits a tad higher than my 08 Z71. No matter what the package on the truck, for some reason many of them differ in height across the board. Nothing you can do about it though. If it bothers you, lift it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.