Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

mpg change after tires & lift

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  StarsnBars 
#1 ·
I have 2013 2500 and would like to upgrade to a 285 or 295 series tire.Would like to find 4" lift that I could install in my dirt driveway.Anybody see much of decrease in mpg going to bigger tires ?

#2 ·
You will always see a decrease in MPG with taller, heavier tires. Sometimes it will be over-inflated because your speedometer is off, and therefore your odometer, which means that you actually are travelling farther than what your odometer says. Usually it's about 1-2MPG decrease, depending on how much bigger of a tire over stock you go to.

#4 ·
Installing a 4" lift on your back in a dirt drive way is going to be a major PITA since that's really the point of no return(read:more involved/cutting) on these trucks not to mention probably unsafe since jacks and stands will not be as stable without some sort of solid support under them. If you've picked out a lift I recommend looking at the companies directions if they have them online to get an idea of what's all involved.

The tire will be what kills your mpg's. I lost 3mpgs with mine but it may be different since your's is a 2500. 6.0 or duramax?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.