Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Noise coming from front left. rotational. 2006 2wd silverado

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ASTE25 
#1 ·
: 2006 silverado. noise from front left wheel. repalced tires, rotors, pads, hub bearing. noise is definitely rotational and truck is 2wd. Two separate repair shops don't know.

#3 ·
IDK. at this point. It definitely sounds like front left wheel. I was told it was tires, so i replaced. Then I just warrantied the brakes and upgraded pads, then I was told it was the bearing. I replaced the front left bearing and sound appeared to go away but for only a few miles. Then it came right back. I then returned the duralast bearing and bought a timken bearing and it did the same thing except I could still here the noise faintly until it came back 100%.

I've balanced tires, aligned truck and replaced all this. IDK if it's even the left front tire but 100% sounds like it.

#5 ·
I know it does. thats what is so frustrating. it is an assembly 2wd so there isn't really any way to damage it. it's been done at a shop at that. the first duralast one had a lot of play in it and this one has none like how the oem had none. it's def coming from front left.did think to do the right but don't wanna keep throwing money at it.

#9 ·
Aparantly he has it narrowed down to the left front for sure, as he said the noise went away for a little while when he replaced the bearing assembly. I am leaning towards the theory that someone didn't do the repair correctly and somehow damaged the bearing. This is also based on the fact that the noise did go away for a while.

#10 ·
I could've been wrong with the noise being gone. I do have magnaflow exhaust and you can't really hear it at higher speeds. I can feel it though vibrating under my feet on the floor board. It is quiet at first no matter what and within 20 - 30 seconds its pretty loud and definitely can feel it through floor board. It is the second hub assembly. The first was a duralast which had far more play in it than the original and second I have now is a timken. They were done a week apart. Not much u can mess up. It's 2wd and its the whole assembly together. I'm beyond frustrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.