Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

not level after level

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  5.3GMC 
#1 ·
The good: So after a long time of having my leveling kit I finally installed it. The bad: now the rear is a little more than an inch lower than the front. Truck is a 2009 sierra crew 4x4. Level kit is rough country under the shock. Any input will be great. Thanks

#5 ·
Agreed^^^ Get some rear blocks that are about an inch taller. IF you have blocks on your axle currently DO NOT STACK the old block plus the new block. Usually they're 2 inch blocks, so get a 3 inch block.

Not difficult to install with a basic floor jack and torque wrench (even a regular socket wrench works fine).

Oh yeah, we're picaholics here... so how about some pics of the before/after? :D

#6 ·
5.3, did the 2 1/2 level and like the others slightly lower in the rear. I knew it would be and I knew when I hooked on to my toy hauler even more difference. Anticipating this I also added the Firestone Ride Rite air bags which level the truck with less than 25 psi with the trailer on. I found the best price on the bags on Amazon. Good luck

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies, i was thinking about just getting new blocks for the rear, i guess i just wanted to know if i should check something out first but it sounds like this is a normal thing. As far as new blocks just measure the old, and get one an inch bigger correct? You guys with air bags, do you fill them up or did you do a self leveling system? Thanks again everyone. Now on to the pics.1 before, 2 after, 3 without the spoiler air dam whatever its called lol

Attachments

#11 ·
5.3, I have a separate valve for each side. Wanted to avoid more hose fittings that could possibly leak and the cost of the in-cab set up was nearly the cost of the bag kit. I use my truck on several hunts a year here in Az. The level kit was for clearance on the back country rocky roads and the bags compliment the set up. Good luck with your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.