Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Popping noise from front left and wind noise

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  LawFletcher 
#1 ·
I have a popping noise on my front left, it sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the door and it sounds like popcorn popping. Also I have a noise that sound like a hole in the truck and wind noise near the lower left windshield when going over like 20mph. I just got a rc3.5 and toyo mt if this could have anything to do with it.

#7 ·
Well I just thoroughly analyzed the problem and I'm concluding both problems to the new inner door weatherstripping I got put in with the lift. The one that you see when you step in by your foot on the floor. I just did the 3m double sided tape trick to no prevail. I also think the "popcorn" lol noise is because the door is moving a micro amount on that new weatherstripping causing a squeak/pop. I'll give everyone the "professional" diagnosis when I bring it in later this week. Thanks

#9 ·
I'm 98% sure it's some form of loose weatherstripping and the door needs to be readjusted. My dad looked at it and said the same thing and he's pretty familiar with gm vehicle kinks. PS: I swear every dash gm has ever put in the old k-5's or even brand new Silverado's crack eventually. It kills me they still haven't resolved this. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.