Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Rear suspension height after Bilstein

816 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sugarjohnson 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I just got my Bilstein 5100's installed today. They are great by the way. Both fronts measure in at 38 1/4 from ground to bottom of fender. Here is the weird part, drivers rear also measures 38 1/4 while passenger rear is 39. I replaced rears with Bilstein 5100 as well. What gives? Could it be that the high side is the one with the shock pushed forward allowing it to lift a little more. I saw nothing obvious when I installed the rears. I actually would prefer the 39 as I tow a TT.

Ps.. I have 18x9 Xd Monster with 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers on order to finish it off...ohh boy!

#5 ·
We need pics, can you tell us what offset you will be running on those wheels? I hope to have a setup similar to yours soon, only have the 5100's up front so far, hoping to run a 285 w/o rubbing

#6 ·
I will be running +18 wheels. I am wondering now if my full fuel tank could account for the difference? Either way I need the rake for towing so I ordered some 2.25 rear blocks tonight. Pics next week my tires are on order. I will be keeping stock 18 duellers for the beautiful WI winters!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.