Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

vibration noise

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  starspangled6.0 
#1 ·
after my leveling kit was installed i had a vibration noise that sounds like it is coming from the drivers side it sounds like i am running over the strips on the side of the road that make a noise when u hit them (hard to describe) i can barely hear it over the tires but know its there it doesnt get louder no matter what i do (accelerate,slow down,etc...) it is similar to a slight hum and seems to go away if i switch to 4wheel drive any body else had anything that sounds like this. tough to describe over the computer its a 09 gmc sierra btw thanks

#4 ·
Check your lugnuts on your wheels. I had a similar issue once- after doing some work on the brakes, I had a nasty vibration up front, and it only went away when I put it in 4x4. The mechanic went over it with a fine-tooth comb, and it turned out the lugnuts were loose.

#5 ·
Did you get an alignment done after the kit was installed? I don't know how bad the leveling kit throws off the alignment, but it might have something to do with it if it's bad enough..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.