Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Guns, Should i make this trade

930 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  ClownShoes 
#1 ·
Hello All,

So let me start by saying i went home for the holidays and it started the PA Rifle Season so of course alot of talk around the dinner table and drinking after was discussed around the greatest day besides christmas every year. So my Cousins Fiance is looking for a 30-06 remington 7600 gamemaster pump rifle. I love the rifle, my dad has owned one as long as i have been alive so i bought this gun to be like my father when i was a little younger. But i got rid of a bolt action rifle for this pump rifle. i had a hard time for some reason with this gun to drop a deer with it. my sight would be dead on 1" high at 100 yrd off the lead sled then i get in the field n i just could not ever connect with this gun. after 2 seasons of this i bought a Savage 270 for 100 bucks off my other cousin when he quit hunting. long story short i have this pump game master 30-06 with a swift 4x12-55mm scope on it.
my cousins fiance (josh) has a brand new never been fired browning BPS shotgun one that is engraved one side has phesants flying on it, the other has ducks, and a gold trigger with a gold browning symbol on the trigger guard. it is a beautiful gun and he really wants the 30-06 but i have not an emotional attachment to it but i just like the gun, he has no emotional attachment to the browning, he won it at a gun bash. regardless he owns the gun and i dunno.
I think it is an even trade, actually i kinda feel i would be making out, getting rid of a rifle for a awesommme shotgun. but what do ya'll think here are some pics

my rifle, which is slightly used with not alot of scratches on it, really none at all

here is his shot gun up for trade.

so what ya'll think? thanks brothers

See less See more
#2 ·
From the business side, the Browning is worth more Hands Down!

However, a house really only needs one or two shotguns and I'm a rifle guy myself.

Your call, I would trade even thought i"m not a shotgun kinda guy, just for the value difference i would trade...

#6 ·
yeah see when i moved to NC from PA i left some of my guns with my father n brother, so i only have 2 20 gauges here with me, as well as the 30-06 n the 270...i really want a pistol as well, but i think a nice 12GA would be a pretty good defender for the house hold. I have a couple sterling foxworths as well a model 1 and a series 2 both in 12 gauge but i dont shoot those only shoot the good ole trusty over under for my turkey and ringneck gun but i didnt bring that down with me, I know my parents house wont be broke into but i dont know anyone around me so id rather be safe then sorry ya know!

but thats for the opinions guys, thats what im thinking im just gonna take the trade and stick with having a couple shot guns and my 270 here, but man i do love the 30aught! but anyone who shots out to long distances and just shooting! after about 5 rounds through the 30-06 the barrel gets real hot, and the bullets start to stray but for the first 5 shots its dead on! out to 200 at least lol

#7 ·
This really has nothing to do with your question about trading it, but, shotguns are excellant home defense weapons. The only thing I see about that one is the barrel is a bit long for that type of use. it could be used for it, but it would be kinda hard to maneuver inside with the long barrell. Like the others have saod, it's a tough call. I personally would not like that type of shotgun, as I'm not really a hunter. If it were a tactical shotgun it would be a no brainer and I'd do the trade.

#11 ·
i hear yall with the home defence stuff. but ill handle it with that shotty there haha. hip fire it indoors if need be itll still throw a couple bbs's at an intruder. but yeah i know i wouldnt mind a pistol grip shotty, but for me being a very very very verey avid hunter, id be using this for whats engraved in it, low brass first shot high brass second shot for ring necks, and shotting clays with it.
I would like an semi auto rifle but they arent legal to hunt with in PA and neither are Semi auto shotguns, so not waste the money i try not to need more then one shot, unless its running sometimes need 3 or 4!

im gonna do it, for me the money is another thing cause if i would sell each out right the browning would bring more home, but we will see if my bud wants to do the trade when it comes time at christmas

#16 ·
alright n yeah i stad corrected a semi is aloowed to be used during small game, but i have more fun with a pump. is it right that the shells enter and eject through the bottom of the chamber?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.