jQuery not supported.

itbc problems

itbc problems

Postby profalcon [OP] » Mar 18 2017, 4:15am

I've got a 16 Silverado 1500 with the ITBC. It has been nothing but problems since I've used it. I replaced the plug like the dealer said on my 16 car hauler. Go figure. They said it was the trailer not the truck problem. So I did. I hooked up the trailer everything was fine for 20 miles then BAM check trailer wiring,trailer connected,check trailer wiring,trailer connected and so on. I eventually lost trailer brakes and the 30 amp fuse. I then noticed water in the plug wiped it out got some wiring drier spray from CNC and it worked a little better for awhile then the demons came back. I am taking it back in a week or so for oil change and told them about the water in plug and they said they would look at and replace it if deemed ok too. But then I noticed that the gain screen works on the DIC for the first few minutes and then it goes off . Sometimes it comes back more than likely not. Can you bypass this unit with a Tecnosha <spelling> and just plug it in to replace factory junk? Cant wait to see what dealership says when they look at it. What is the really funny thing about this is the fuse cost only 2.00 at dealer and over 4 bucks at autozone. He told me that was the last one they had. Have been going through a lot of these. :lol:
Original Poster
profalcon
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: itbc problems

Postby Wileykid » Mar 20 2017, 2:16pm

I would bet it is the plug on the truck. I have a lot of problems on my 2500 (same set up, I am sure), and I am hoping that it is finally resolved.

First time, they found water in the plug. Cleaned it out, and filled it in with dielectric grease. Second time was replacement of the female half if the plug. The last time, they replaced the whole plug, telling me they were getting weird readings from the plug. So far, no problems.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Wileykid
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Extra Info: 2500 Dmax 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: itbc problems

Postby profalcon [OP] » Mar 20 2017, 2:43pm

Thanks for your input. Will find out next week. Hope that's all taken care of will let you know the outcome. Thanks again
Original Poster
profalcon
Topics: 5
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Towing/Trailers