Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

03 Silverado ABS Light, Erratic Speedo and shifting

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hendey Lathe 
#1 ·
On my way to work today, ABS light came on, Check Brake System and when I reach over 35mph, the speedo starts to bounce and transmission downshifts when pressing on accelerator. If you leave foot off gas, it seems to coast ok but as soon as you press the accelerator again, it will select the wrong gear. Everything I have read points to VSS. Any other opinions or clues I should look for?

Thanks,
-Brian

#3 ·
I had a similar thing happen to my 00 Silverado. When I would get above 10 MPH or so, all the lights on the top of the dash would flash like a Christmas tree. I forget where I found the fix on the web, but it was an easy fix. Just clean your ground strap attachment points on your truck. The ground I cleaned was the one I can best described as being located on the left front of the truck, below the battery, just look , you'll spot it. Worked for me, hope it does for you. Lets us know how it works out. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.