Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Drive shaft issues

589 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CJM8515 
#1 ·
2009 chevy silverado 5.3 roush supercharged tvs 1900 with comp cam, headers ect... I ended up going with a fully built Level 10 transmission. I had way to much trouble going back and forth with monster transmission. They didnt have a transmission that would handle the power in a 6l80e. Im not sure why but they kept wanting me to go to a 4l80e and there would be a million conversions i would have to do and compter changes ect. I didnt want to go that route. Well i ended up getting a fully built 6l80 from pat rated at 1100 hp. And i got yukon grizly locker with yukon 4:11 gears on the rear end with a 2 in billet alum pumpkin cover. I now have the issue that i was told before. My Drive shaft is to long. Im not sure if it is the DJM drop. its a 4" 6" and as you can see not slamed. I have brand new Nitto 420 s 285-50-20s on it and i have vibration and gears are not happy, nor do i like the way it snaps into drive. The tuner told me i would have hard shifting due to the new heavy duty components and the 2400 stall billet tourq converter. but this just dosent seem normal. the drive shaft was changed once so im bitting the buliet and takeing a 2 hr drive to n. carolina to see if they have the same drive axel and if the one i have is to long. everyone says it is a 143 wheel base for my truck but cant find anywhere were the lengnth of the drive shaft is supposed to be. plus getting under the truck with it leveled is a mission in it self to measure it. I dont know what to do if the drive shaft is the correct size because it bottoming out the tanny and preasure in the rear end is only going to make things worse. or worse make another big investment. I have 525 rwhp with 9 to 9.5 lbs of boost. and i due tow occasionaly. Any help suggustions would be greatly apreciated. btw i called djm and the guy didnt realy help much he said follow the instructions but i lost those along time ago and they wouldnt send new ones. he also said the rear can slide back and forward but i dont see how. and the installer didnt too. pinon angle is dead accurate, according to the installer. Please help!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.