jQuery not supported.

drivetrain clunk

drivetrain clunk

Postby 1999silveradoz71 [OP] » Nov 04 2012, 8:35pm

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and i am wanting to get some opinions on my drive train clunk and if anyone else has this problem. I have a 1999 Silverado 5.3 z71 and i purchased this truck about 6 months ago and ever since i have gotten it when i put it in reverse occasionally it makes a clunking noise. I have also noticed that it will do it when it shifts going down the road occasionally you can hear a clunk noise coming from underneath. My transfer case has been rebuilt along with new u-joints and i'm farely sure its the driveshaft making the noise because its aluminum but i have never heard one make the noise that loud before.
Original Poster
1999silveradoz71
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 4
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L z71 LT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Clunk...clunk... Service 4wd   Ghosts in my Drivetrain.   would like drivetrain explanation please   Drivetrain knock. Help!   Drivetrain Noise   Drivetrain Clicking   Swapping 09 Drivetrain for 00   drivetrain problem please help   Common Drivetrain Issues - What Are they?   Damaged Drivetrain Components?   Unusual noise coming from the drivetrain   Trans/Drivetrain Data Point   Changing drivetrain fluids for towing   2000 silverado drivetrain problem 
Transmission/Drivetrain Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: drivetrain clunk

Postby Machster69 » Nov 04 2012, 10:37pm

Machster69
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 103
Blogs: 8
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra