jQuery not supported.

Frame beaming?

Frame beaming?

Postby Marsole [OP] » Jul 23 2012, 1:46pm

Anyone know anything about this condition? Harmonic vibrations from the frame? A buddy of mine said he read a TSB from GM that tells you to put 350 lbs of weight between the tailgate and wheel wells if experiencing rear vibration at hwy speeds. If the vibration is gone it is a condition called frame beaming. Nothing they can do about it. Rear cab mounts?
Original Poster
Marsole
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD CC 6.0 V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Frame beaming?

Postby bbrown » Jul 23 2012, 2:09pm

Is it a vibration or shaking? I've got a shaking that seems to be coming from the rear tires. I think I've got a tire that's unbalanced or out of round....but just wanted to know more about this issue.
K&N/Custom Intake, Banks Headers & Tuner, Dual FM Exhaust, 8K HID low beams & Fogs, 1100 watt Infinity & JL Stereo, 200A Alt, 3 Batteries, Power Acoustik PD-740NBT, RV camera, Hayden Tranny Cooler, 246 heads, 1.8 roller rockers
bbrown
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 22
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0 V8 4X4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Re: Frame beaming?

Postby Marsole [OP] » Jul 24 2012, 7:19am

This is definitely a vibration. Starts at about 45 mph through 60 then goes away again. Harsher under power, let off and coast and it stops until the engine brakes which when this happens is again torquing the drive line. Tried every variation, ie. OD off, in neutral, brakes applied, engine off.... Now this in my opinion points to bad U-joint, out of balance driveshaft or a tranny mount...something like that. My mechanic put 'er up on the hoist and checked it all out and said every thing was good. I have the one piece shaft.

That's what brought me to this "frame beaming" I've heard about. Seems alot of the 2500HD's experience this especially the ext and crew cabs. Got the day off tomorrow so I'm going to try the load at the tailgate and see if the vibration goes away. If it does I'll be happy to have found the problem but, unhappy in the sense that I have to haul some kind of load at all times!!???

Any other HD lovers out there experiencing this?
Original Poster
Marsole
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 2500HD CC 6.0 V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain

Common search terms

frame rear seems beaming drive issue again anything line read wanted tire engine tires think mine problem thing wheel anyone power

It is currently Nov 28 2014, 11:43pm

• Sponsor
Login  •  Register
SHOP TALK (Live Chat)
Transmission/Drivetrain Forum
Transmission/DrivetrainTransmission and drivetrain related components. Discuss automatic and manual trans repairs and performance or talk about driveshafts or rear-ends and differentials. Diagnostics of 4-speed, 5-speed, or even 6-speed transmissions.
To create a new topic in Transmission/Drivetrain, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds