Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

hard accel and shift to 2nd 1-2 shift

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  matttrow6969 
#1 ·
i have a 2005 silverado 4l60e... the last time my fluid was flushed was at 60k i am doing it reguardless friday or saturday when i have the time and i am going to try the lucas stuff because its what everyone has told me they said do 2 drops of it and it will be perfect in about a month......at acceleration it will like skip or whatever bump whatever i feel it in the petal and im like thats not good and then when im about to shift to seccond it does the same thing but not as hard(think its always been but i notice it more because of the acceleration)
i would really not like to throw another tranny in or anything if i dont have to... i also have read a little online about the 4l60e and they said it could be a solinoid? the other day i put it in reverse and then put it in drive and tried to accerate a little bit quicker(nothing to much) but it felt like a huge grind or something it was definetly not good...some days it drives fine but others its every time( not the huge grind) but i heard there could be a lot of metal in my trans fluid and i need it out asap because i do a lot of highway for school everyday and i cannot afford to be out of my truck even though i would love to just spend the money on a impala and drive it through the winter anyways..... so if anyone can help me it would seriously be appericated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.