Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

need help ! regearing or tuning

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ronrremie 
#1 ·
I need help with figuring out what I need to regearing my truck and what tuner I need or how to tune it? I currently have a 2013 1500 Silverado a 5.3L 4x4 z71 with 3.08 gearing. And have a full throttle 7"lift with 35"wheels on 18" method rims . I need to change the gears cause I'm towing a new boat that's 5k dry and the trailer is around 1500 I think , plus the new lift. So my question is if i regear my truck what gear would be the best and if there is a after market tuner that I can program for the gearing and lift and tires? And what would be the cost ?Thanks for any suggestions

#2 ·
I am very interested to hear some suggestions. Im in the same boat as ronrremie(no pun intended) haha. I pulled my new boat and my truck was really struggling on the hills around my house. Im thinking 4.56 yukon gears. Anym other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has an idea of a good install price would be appreciated also

#3 ·
Using a ratio conversion it says that to keep it at similar to stock gearing going from 31" stock diameter wheels to 35" diameter wheels you need 3.5-3.7 gears. But of course no one really want to tow with even stock diameter tires and 3.08 so to make you new set up with 35's effectively the same as stock with 3.73 gears you need to look into 4.1-4.2 gears. 4.56 would be extra low gearing for that but might pull even better at the expense of higher RPM cruising.

#5 ·
Hey itz I just got off the phone with 4 wheel parts and they Gave me a quote with a chip , for 2300. And that's going with the 4.56 front and back with a 5yr warranty. I asked if it would effect hwy speed and they said it wouldn't effect it much, but I think it well, im not looking for speed just trying to work with what I got(no pun intended) but any other thoughts on the matter would help! I'll have to wait till December to get it so I have time for conversation

#6 ·
Nice thanks sweltz for the link, do you know of any body burning out there trany or engine with that much of a high gear, or do you know at what crusing speed on hwy would be? I thought that a 4.56 would be a little to much maybe a4.10 would be better! I do appreciate all the feed back thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.