Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Need help with very bad transmission leak

3K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  Thienthan 
#1 ·
Bought an 01 2500hd and lost all my tranny fluid by the time I got home. Looks like the rear transmission seal was leaking because from there toward the engine was dry and everything behind it was soaked. Looked at it again today and saw a bracket on the transfer case was broken. Can someone tell me the name of this broken piece? I also noticed the front shaft on the transfer case side was pretty soaked so I think that seal is bad too. Let me know what u guys think.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like the transmission mount has come loose and needs replaced. It's hard to tell where the leak may be coming from in that pic. If the mount came loose and it lost fluid that quickly, a cooling line may have poped out of the fitting in the transmission.

#9 ·
Started taking electrical and driveshaft off today and I realize the broken part in the picture is the front end of the tcase that connects to the transmission. I went to push on the tcase and it moved up an down freely and I haven't removed any bolts... Look like I'm going to need a new tcase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.