jQuery not supported.

safety neutral switch?

need problem fixed.... help...

safety neutral switch?

Postby moochu26 [OP] » Dec 16 2012, 11:57pm

2000 silverado 1500 4wd , im having problems with my truck not wanting to start. i saw that some of my safety neutral switch wires was exposed . so i retaped them and tryed to start it and i still get nothing, well i replaced the neutral safety switch guess that was bad . still doesnt turn over with the new one installed. so i dont know if those 2 wires that were touching did something to where its not wanting my truck to start . i was messing with them before i taped them just wiggled them around and turn the key to the on position and the truck wanted to start so i shut it off thinking i just have to re tape them so there not touching. but i get that done and i get nothing when i turn the key on and turning it over.
Original Poster
moochu26
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2000
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 5.3 ls 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  neutral safety switch in 2k4 Sierra (manual trans.)   Does anyone have 96 & 98 fsm neutral safety sw schematics???   neurtal safety switch   Safety   Shifting into neutral by itself   safety feature on navi   08 1500 kicks in neutral   Off roading safety / Don't be stupid like me   HELP, truck switching from drive to neutral while driving.   Dolly towing but transfer case not put in neutral   4WD Not working. Push buttons lit up neutral   Product Safety Recall - New Models - Unwanted Transfer Case   4x4 transfer on 2003 sierra red neutral light on   Best Switch Placement 
Transmission/Drivetrain Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: safety neutral switch?

Postby Critter119 » Dec 17 2012, 6:02am

thinking you broke the wire inside the insulation on the wire, splice where the exposed wire was and see if that gets you any where. if it worked when you wiggled them that i what im thinking
Critter119
Topics: 3
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: safety neutral switch?

Postby popupjunky » Jan 11 2013, 7:48am

On your cluster on the prnd321 display is there a little line under the park when your in park?
popupjunky
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Year: 2003
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 5.3 + Blackbear
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain